1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Would this work as a coop?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by dkelewae, Apr 25, 2009.

1. dkelewae

dkelewae New Egg

Oct 7, 2008
    Missouri
    For 2 buff orpington hens

http://www.4seasongreenhouse.com/barn-house-pi-1436.html?type=jpg

Here are the specs:

This house was conceived with the outdoor pet in mind, allowing him to enjoy both the comfort of an enclosed sleeping area and the freedom of an outdoor porch. In addition to a raised base, this porch was designed with a roof, which offers complete coverage to your pet, keeping them dry and shaded from the elements. A window on the house allows for ventilation of the enclosed areas.

External dimensions (House): 39" D x47" W x 35" H
    • Door: 18" W x 21" H

One of the reviews for this said that they use it for their 3 chickens, and hang the feeder from the porch area. Of course they didn't specify what breed of chicken though!

edited to add: Of course I'd also be adding a run too!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  2. Sunflower

Sunflower Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Berryton, KS
    That looks AWESOME - my chicks would love it. However, I wonder about preditors & keeping them warm & dry from blowing rain, snow (if applicable) in inclement weather. Does the big door close?
    My coop has a main door I walk in (people size) and then a small door for them to go in & out during the day and then I close it up at night so preditors won't get 'em.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by