Would you complain? PIC ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
This is a Lavender Silkie pullet. If you want a good quality bird from a reputable breeder that is well known for their nice Lavenders/Silkies then you will pay higher in price. Lavenders in Silkies are not cheap and especially if they are show quality.

I certainly wouldn't consider her show quality considering the condition she was in. I would be miffed if I spent that much on the bird!!! I think you should call the breeder and let them know. It is entirely possible they didn't know. I am certainly going to give my birds the once over this weekend after reading some of these posts.

I do have a question. I have read that you can use Sevin dust to dust your birds. I was thinking about just sprinkling where they dust bath. If they ingest it will it hurt them? Will it affect their eggs?

Quote:
This is a Lavender Silkie pullet. If you want a good quality bird from a reputable breeder that is well known for their nice Lavenders/Silkies then you will pay higher in price. Lavenders in Silkies are not cheap and especially if they are show quality.

I certainly wouldn't consider her show quality considering the condition she was in. I would be miffed if I spent that much on the bird!!! I think you should call the breeder and let them know. It is entirely possible they didn't know. I am certainly going to give my birds the once over this weekend after reading some of these posts.

I do have a question. I have read that you can use Sevin dust to dust your birds. I was thinking about just sprinkling where they dust bath. If they ingest it will it hurt them? Will it affect their eggs?

Just because she had a bad case of bugs doesn't mean she's not show quality. Lice and mites are pretty easy to get rid of.

There is no excuse for shipping an animal THAT infested. They should have clipped the nails/washed the feet as just normal shipping procedure but that is besides the main point: they sent a source of contamination that could have (may yet!) infect your entire flock! I do not ship birds so I don't know if it is normal to ship w/o food + water, it may be OK seeing as how it was expected to be 24 hours. I have been selling books online through 4 sites for 11 years now. It has happened 2 or 3 times that as I pull the book to prepare for shipping I find a flaw I'd not noticed or the book has gotten damaged between when I listed it and purchase date. I always email the buyer to inform them and give them a choice of voiding the sale if they wish.

I would email AND phone the dealer and if no response within 3 days I'd reverse the charges on my credit card. Then negotiate with the seller a price that reflects compensation for your time/materials for cleaning up THEIR MESS. Don't be a softie, it's not the kindest way in the long run. I might order a bird from them next time and if you "just let it go" you would have contributed to contaminating my flock. ;( I know you wouldn't want that.

You know... you didn't buy a perfectly healthy chicken. That girl may or may not regain robust health. If his whole flock is infested and has been infested for a long time she may have lived her whole life being sucked dry of vital nutrients. You're planning to breed her, that is stressful for her and she needs to run on all eight cylinders to perform to her maximum. Grrr, lots more to say but will stop here.

Im sooo sorry!!!
hugs.gif
I would be ticked --I dont ship birds as of yet but I would darn well make sure its in top condition before it got put in a box with plenty of emergency liquids and feed-what is wrong with people?? If it was infested that bad a simple flip to look near vent should have tipped the seller off-thats neglect!

Quote:

Just because she had a bad case of bugs doesn't mean she's not show quality. Lice and mites are pretty easy to get rid of.

You misunderstood me! What I am trying to say is if someone charged me $100 + $60 shipping for a bird that was to be show quality I would expect the bird to arrive in EXCELLENT condition not the condition she arrived in. I am not saying she in not show quality but in her state right now all you would get at a show is a first class ticket out the door!!! I really think this needs to be addressed with the breeder so if for some unknown reason they didn't know about the bugs they can take the necessary steps to take care of their other birds so this doesn't happen again!!

I hope you sent a link, of this discussion thread, to the breeder you bought this bird from. That way, they can see what everyone thinks about this subject.

Quote:

You misunderstood me! What I am trying to say is if someone charged me $100 + $60 shipping for a bird that was to be show quality I would expect the bird to arrive in EXCELLENT condition not the condition she arrived in. I am not saying she in not show quality but in her state right now all you would get at a show is a first class ticket out the door!!! I really think this needs to be addressed with the breeder so if for some unknown reason they didn't know about the bugs they can take the necessary steps to take care of their other birds so this doesn't happen again!!

I have already emailed them and addressed the situation about their birds but I don't think I will get a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom