Would you complain? PIC ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I have already emailed them and have had no response yet and I'm sure I won't get a response either as communication through email is not the greatest. I don't even know if this is a guy or a woman. They never leave their name on anything but I'm assuming it's a guy. I will say it's a breeder in Ohio and they do have a website.

Last edited by a moderator:
that is disgraceful...how anyone (breeder or not) could ship an animal in such a state i'll never know

lets hope they see the 'sunshine' and give you at least a partial refund!!!

My concern is that the name SHOULD be public. Because showing a bird THAT infested (IMO any infestation) should not be allowed. Because you risk passing the infestation to every other flock that is represented there.

If it's fair game to trash TSC because some are bad (despite the fact you can go up the corporate ladder to work to get the problems fixed), then it should be fair to put the name of breeders who are sending out bird who are infested and potentially sick. Because there is NO ladder to go up to get the problem fixed, so the problem needs to be known so others do not risk the same problems.

Quote:
Just because she had a bad case of bugs doesn't mean she's not show quality. Lice and mites are pretty easy to get rid of.

You misunderstood me! What I am trying to say is if someone charged me $100 + $60 shipping for a bird that was to be show quality I would expect the bird to arrive in EXCELLENT condition not the condition she arrived in. I am not saying she in not show quality but in her state right now all you would get at a show is a first class ticket out the door!!! I really think this needs to be addressed with the breeder so if for some unknown reason they didn't know about the bugs they can take the necessary steps to take care of their other birds so this doesn't happen again!!

Gotcha. And certainly agree with you.
smile.png

I am totally siding with Dreamspirit on this whole issue but displaying the sellers name with fuel fires here on BYC and cause this thread to be shut down-Dreamspirit has said a few times she would be more than happy to send you the name of the seller-she has to me. It's that simple-I too wish to have it publically displayed for everyone to bash but it's not right and would disrepect BYC's wishes on giving out the sellers info. There's no difference in how you find out-just that you find out ( through dreamspirit) who it is and then go from there...

Quote:
Yeah, I know but even if I did post the breeders name it would just be removed anyway.

I agree. It's good enough that you shared secretly. We now know of their reputation and I certainly won't be buying anything if that's how they treat the poor chickens.....I should say "Untreat".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom