would you do this (only respond if you like tattoos)

The way I see it, it's free, you are not obligated if you don't like their idea and if you already have tat's then why not! I have only 2 so far and planning a third. I am learning to tattoo on my own slowly. It will be a very long time before I ever attempt a piece on anyone but I hope to one day be comfortable with it
smile.png

Let us all know how it turns out!!!
thumbsup.gif

If you look at thier Page, they have a Tatoo School, which means someone is gonna be learning on you. used to be you had to go to prison to get a real tatoo, nothing like a ink pen, and paperclip to show your prison pride.
th.gif
I say go for it so they want to put dragon on your chest, and it ends up looking like a 3 eyed kitten with scales. Look at the bright side youre young, youll only have to live with it for another 70 years, Oh yeah and youll have to avoid the beach do to scaring away little kids but what the heck. I took a chance and let a student TRY my eye surgery, saved money, and now wear a patch everywhere. GO FOR IT.
yippiechickie.gif

kitten with scales...
gig.gif

I dont think that I would do it.. I have one and I went in knowing what I wanted and told them what I wanted .. I would do the second idea and go with a friend for coffee and watch...

No. And I tell you this as the wife of a GOOD tattoo artist. I've got a full backpiece and DH is covered, naturally.

It is true that tattoo artists will give you a good deal or sometimes even free work for a good portfolio piece or perhaps at a show where they are looking to win a trophy. In such a case, you have to be on good terms with them and know them well before getting that kind of deal--DH would do it for his friends, or repeat customers he knows well. This is not a deal customarily given to walk-ins, though.

It is currently the slow season for tattoo artists. The busy season is spring/fall/summer, as college students and construction worker types are their main clientele. So you can get great deals in the winter, even from pretty good artists. With enough decent artists giving deals this time of year, I don't see any reason to agree to be tattooed by a crummy artist. I agree with the other poster who said Big Ben was the only one with decent work, the rest were definitely scratchers. If you want a tattoo, you can get a very nice one in the winter for an excellent price, and you'll be better off in the long run. Not everything can be covered up or lasered off.

The apprentices should find their own skin donors, that's part of being an apprentice and it isn't too difficult. If they are not apprentices, then, well...

Back
Top Bottom