Would you eat an inhumane slaughtered chicken?

Would you eat an inhumane slaughtered chicken?

• Total voters

BuffOrpington567

Songster
Aug 31, 2018
UK
One of the things I really hate is how chickens are slaughtered in poor countries and how they are treated from their hatching to being killed.

I was wondering though if you would buy a chicken that you knew had been killed like this and eat it?

Just to show you how bad it is, here is a video on how its done wrongly
DO NOT WATCH IF YOU GET UPSET EASILY

Last edited:
Yes.

Dead is dead, having suffered is having suffered, and my not eating it isn't going to make it un-suffered or un-dead.
But my preference is for animals that live a good life. I prefer that my joys come at a low expense to other living things. (Please note, that I do not inherently consider a loss of life to be an expense. All living things die, the only way to prevent death is to prevent the creation of new life. It's more about HOW they live than IF they die.) This includes both people (less Chinese/Indian sweat shops and less non-living wages in the west) as well as animals.

So I raise my own. Not everyone is in a position to be able to do that. And I'm also willing to pay more for a product where the animal is treated better. But I don't begrudge poorer people for not being able to afford that. I'm lucky to have the resources I do to make choices about my food - not everybody is.
It used to be that meat was a major luxury and was critically well cared for as a result. But it also used to be that people spent a huge percentage of their income on food and it also used to be that a lot of people starved to death.

Unless we can repair serious economic inequalities so that you aren't massively exploiting living things (people, animals, plants and the environment as a whole) simply to consume to live, this likely won't change.

As the kids these days say, the only ethical consumption under capitalism is eating ***. :p

This is why I raise my own poultry.
Mine get to run around and be a chicken or turkey for months longer than the factory farmed poultry. Yes they have one bad day. I make it as quick as I can. I thank them and the Lord.

Something has to die so we can live.

Plant or animal, although we eat plants that are still alive.

I was wondering though if you would buy a chicken that you knew had been killed like this and eat it?
Yes I would.
I'm a realist and I really love eaten chicken.
Yes the meat industry sucks but my time here is limited and trying to change the meat industry sadly isn't high enough on my priority list to consume much of my time.

I'm a vegetarian so I don't technically have a dog in this fight.
'Vegetarian' can be many things. Nothing personal chickassan, but in general.....just because one doesn't eat the flesh/muscle of animals doesn't mean they are not participating in the commercial food industry horrors.
'Vegetarians' often eat eggs, milk, cheese.

In a thread created in such a way to get a litmus test on awareness of inhumane verses humane slaughter practices it is good to be aware of what we are actually discussing.
.....to be inflammatory and rather contradictory.
Why was it put in the incubation forum showing chicks being ground up,
when the title was about eating slaughtered animals??

Wonders if the OP, or their supporters, have dogs or cats that eat food with chicken products as an ingredient?

I would however like to point out the term humanely slaughtered sounds nice but in reality it only means the animal is stunned before it is bled out.
..and a Very Good Point it is!

It strikes me that the poll is equally intentionally inflammatory. Either you don't eat any grocery/mainstream meat ever or you don't care/you actively support inhumane practices you monster. No inbetween, no yes but I still care for example. It does strike me and contrary.
Reality is often far from so black and white.

Last edited:
I don't use Facebook and only use YouTube for research and evidence. I don't see anything wrong in using it for scenarios like this where you can use it as evidence to support what you are saying.
That's exactly my point.
If I want evidence i'll look for myself IRL or get it from a reliable source.
YouTube is the last place I'd look for the truth.
Someone makes those videos. They have an opinion and they film and edit their videos in a way to get others to share their beliefs.
They don't show the whole picture and are meant to be bias.
Just like the horrible idea of hatcheries grinding male chicks. You're lead to believe the hatcheries believe they have no worth and are just ground up and thrown in the trash.
Those ground up chicks go into dog food. In real life you can't have it both ways. People want real meat as the main ingredient in their dogs food. That meat has to come from somewhere. Its the consumers that don't want to buy male chicks so they're the ones that make them worth nothing and the hatcheries found a market but then people want to complain.

why, its good if you discuss it? I said it was important for people to discuss this issue :)
:goodpost:
What you are missing is that while you are here trying to educate people who already know this stuff, you're preaching to the choir, and the choir is only responding to you to try to educate you. You seem to formulate what you believe is right or wrong just by seeing something someone else says or some video of a chicken being killed and you devise your perfect plan in your head. Death is not pretty. Facts do not come from ideas but from experience. You are trying to teach your ideas to people here that have already experienced the facts, and have experienced them for many years.
You're trying to teach the teachers, but you're not willing to learn.

Back
Top Bottom