Would you eat an inhumane slaughtered chicken?

Would you eat an inhumane slaughtered chicken?

• Total voters
As crazy as this sounds, I have chickens and ducks, but do not eat eggs. I am a vegetarian. I do not drink cows milk, but drink almond, soy, or coconut. I will occasionally eat cheese; however, it is not in my daily diet.
So where did you get your birds? A hatchery? All females or what did you do with any males procured?

So where did you get your birds? A hatchery? All females or what did you do with any males procured?
I bought the majority of my female ducks sexed from metzer, I don't want to risk upsetting neighbors with a rooster, so I rehomed my wyandotte cockerel to people who wanted to breed him their hens, and help protect them.

I don't use Facebook and only use YouTube for research and evidence. I don't see anything wrong in using it for scenarios like this where you can use it as evidence to support what you are saying.
That's exactly my point.
If I want evidence i'll look for myself IRL or get it from a reliable source.
YouTube is the last place I'd look for the truth.
Someone makes those videos. They have an opinion and they film and edit their videos in a way to get others to share their beliefs.
They don't show the whole picture and are meant to be bias.
Just like the horrible idea of hatcheries grinding male chicks. You're lead to believe the hatcheries believe they have no worth and are just ground up and thrown in the trash.
Those ground up chicks go into dog food. In real life you can't have it both ways. People want real meat as the main ingredient in their dogs food. That meat has to come from somewhere. Its the consumers that don't want to buy male chicks so they're the ones that make them worth nothing and the hatcheries found a market but then people want to complain.

That's exactly my point.
If I want evidence i'll look for myself IRL or get it from a reliable source.
YouTube is the last place I'd look for the truth.
Someone makes those videos. They have an opinion and they film and edit their videos in a way to get others to share their beliefs.
They don't show the whole picture and are meant to be bias.
Just like the horrible idea of hatcheries grinding male chicks. You're lead to believe the hatcheries believe they have no worth and are just ground up and thrown in the trash.
Those ground up chicks go into dog food. In real life you can't have it both ways. People want real meat as the main ingredient in their dogs food. That meat has to come from somewhere. Its the consumers that don't want to buy male chicks so they're the ones that make them worth nothing and the hatcheries found a market but then people want to complain.
It is no lie what r seen in those videos and what they have to go through

I still eat meat but avoid inhumane slaughter companies

Some stores have thier chicken done humainley such as morrisons in the uk
This certainly is the most likely place to find good store bought meats. They know the farms they come from, but I don't see any evidence of exactly in what humane conditions they are raised. My husband actually worked on a chicken farm in England for many years raising them under what was considered humane conditions. They would let them out of the nests in the morning but never outdoors. They milled around on the warehouse floor barely able to move as they ate. If a chicken was injured it was tossed in the trash barrel still alive. Because they were not made to stay in a locked nest for their entire lives they were labeled as humanely raised chicken. I also don't see anything about the slaughter process except that they are stunned and no prayers are spoken. All that being said, as far as GROCERY store meats, I'm sure this store probably has among the least inhumane practices and Iwould chose them over other grocery stores. I believe culling your own chickens is the only way to be assured it is done in the best humane way.

Back
Top Bottom