Would you eat an inhumane slaughtered chicken?

Would you eat an inhumane slaughtered chicken?

• Total voters

BuffOrpington567

Songster
Aug 31, 2018
UK
One of the things I really hate is how chickens are slaughtered in poor countries and how they are treated from their hatching to being killed.

I was wondering though if you would buy a chicken that you knew had been killed like this and eat it?

Just to show you how bad it is, here is a video on how its done wrongly
DO NOT WATCH IF YOU GET UPSET EASILY

Last edited:
This is why I raise my own poultry.
Mine get to run around and be a chicken or turkey for months longer than the factory farmed poultry. Yes they have one bad day. I make it as quick as I can. I thank them and the Lord.

Something has to die so we can live.

Plant or animal, although we eat plants that are still alive.

This is why I raise my own poultry.
Mine get to run around and be a chicken or turkey for months longer than the factory farmed poultry. Yes they have one bad day. I make it as quick as I can. I thank them and the Lord.

Something has to die so we can live.

Plant or animal, although we eat plants that are still alive.
I completely agree with you about appreciating the animal as well.

And that just shows everything that is wrong in the meat industry, and it’s not just in “poor countries”... the chickens killed in poorer countries probably fare better during slaughter than those in the big industrial plants.

This is why I have chosen a smaller local plant to process our chickens... less volume leads to better conditions. We run an inspected abattoir on our farm, and the process for cattle and sheep is much more humane. I don’t like the electrostunning vats, but when operated properly they should be effective, every bird is supposed to be inspected to confirm insensibility before bleeding and scalding.

The problem with the system is volume and the demand for plentiful and inexpensive meat. We’ve lost our connection to “that food was an animal”.
We no longer respect what we are eating. It’s a change that has to happen in society first, then the industry will change. Only by not supporting this system, WANTING to pay more for better treatment, and voting with your dollars will this change.

Don’t buy cheap chicken... it promotes cruelty and negligence. (Also by no means are those videos representative of all the processing plants)

No, it is because of the inhumane ways of the meat industry that I do not support the killing of any animal. And I really can't handle the idea of putting dead flesh in my body, hence I'm a vegetarian. However, I respect the decisions of others, even if I disagree with them.

No, it is because of the inhumane ways of the meat industry that I do not support the killing of any animal. And I really can't handle the idea of putting dead flesh in my body, hence I'm a vegetarian. However, I respect the decisions of others, even if I disagree with them.
I still eat meat but avoid inhumane slaughter companies

Last edited:
I was wondering though if you would buy a chicken that you knew had been killed like this and eat it?
Yes I would.
I'm a realist and I really love eaten chicken.
Yes the meat industry sucks but my time here is limited and trying to change the meat industry sadly isn't high enough on my priority list to consume much of my time.

Back
Top Bottom