Would you eat an inhumane slaughtered chicken?

Would you eat an inhumane slaughtered chicken?

• Total voters
Yes.

Dead is dead, having suffered is having suffered, and my not eating it isn't going to make it un-suffered or un-dead.
But my preference is for animals that live a good life. I prefer that my joys come at a low expense to other living things. (Please note, that I do not inherently consider a loss of life to be an expense. All living things die, the only way to prevent death is to prevent the creation of new life. It's more about HOW they live than IF they die.) This includes both people (less Chinese/Indian sweat shops and less non-living wages in the west) as well as animals.

So I raise my own. Not everyone is in a position to be able to do that. And I'm also willing to pay more for a product where the animal is treated better. But I don't begrudge poorer people for not being able to afford that. I'm lucky to have the resources I do to make choices about my food - not everybody is.
It used to be that meat was a major luxury and was critically well cared for as a result. But it also used to be that people spent a huge percentage of their income on food and it also used to be that a lot of people starved to death.

Unless we can repair serious economic inequalities so that you aren't massively exploiting living things (people, animals, plants and the environment as a whole) simply to consume to live, this likely won't change.

As the kids these days say, the only ethical consumption under capitalism is eating ***. :p

Very well put. I also don’t begrudge anyone who cannot raise their own or afford more humanely processed meat. And yes, many people where I live can and will pay up to triple for local humanely raised and processed meats. When I eat out I do eat meats that certainly had a lesser quality of life than our own.

It strikes me that the poll is equally intentionally inflammatory. Either you don't eat any grocery/mainstream meat ever or you don't care/you actively support inhumane practices you monster. No inbetween, no yes but I still care for example. It does strike me and contrary.
Reality is often far from so black and white.

Last edited:
It strikes me that the poll is equally intentionally inflammatory. Either you don't eat any grocery/mainstream meat ever or you don't care/you actively support inhumane practices you monster. No inbetween, no yes but I still care for example. It does strike me and contrary.
Some super markets do humane slaughter, i dont know about in the usa, but in the uk thier r some

Ive added another choice as well.
Thanks for letting me know :thumbsup

I don't use Facebook and only use YouTube for research and evidence. I don't see anything wrong in using it for scenarios like this where you can use it as evidence to support what you are saying.

Back
Top Bottom