Wowsa! Big light brown eggs! Pix

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by kimboolah, Nov 9, 2009.

1. kimboolah

kimboolah Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a bunch of henny hen hens and 8 of them are RIR's, I have one black sex link, one giant cochin and a silkie bantam. Of those, who do you think is laying these giant honkin light brown eggs? The one in the middle weighs 4 ounces!

[​IMG]

Any ideas??!!

2. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Wow, those are BIG! Are you sure you don't have a hidden goose in there with your hens? [​IMG]

3. kimboolah

LOL, no gooses, just someone who probably should be walking like a duck after laying that huge one!

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Nice big eggs!!!

5. kimboolah

Oh gosh! I forgot one who may be the layer of the giant eggs! Her name is Joy and she is a beeeeeautiful blue splash red laced wyandotte. Who is laying these pale giant eggs?

6. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    4 ounces is huge! [​IMG]

7. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    Have you checked to see if it might be a double yolker?? Every time I get eggs that are larger than usual, they usually turn out to be double yolkers!

8. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    My sex links usually use lay huge eggs, it could be her! Don't you just love them!

9. quailraisingMan

quailraisingMan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2009
    wait, if its double york, do 2 chick form inside? OH GOLLY! that EGG IS HUGE!
    :]

10. kimboolah

I don't have a rooster, so no baby chickies here! I have had two triple yolkers so far from my girls! I didn't break the egg yet. It's too fun to look at on the kitchen counter. Stay tuned..........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by