Writing School

Okay, I probs shouldn’t do this as I am hopeless at writing compared to you lot.
I write too. It is my favourite thing to do apart from ride horses. I am the best writer in my year group at least that’s what everyone says to me. I read like there is no tomorrow. I’d love to join this group, I read a few of the stories on here and OMG my jaw just dropped, can I join plz. If not I understand but if so thanks.

Last edited:
I watched the sun start to set my eyes filled with sorrow, I could only imagine what terrible things the werewolves would do tonight. I’m Ivey. I grew up as any normal child does, loved and cared for and wanted. Funny word that. I was bitten and turned when I turned 16. Oh, I forgot to mention, I’m a vampire. I hunt and kill just as anything normal would if they are indeed normal. But me I view myself as normal, probably not what everyone else sees me as. I try and keep my fangs as hidden as I can. I don’t belong to a cult (what we call our groups) I’m living with my friend Keegan. She is a witch. No I’m not saying that to be mean, I mean she is a ligit witch. So she has a greenish tinge to her skin. I on the other hand am always as pale as you can get. There is not a drop of blood in me. I fumble with my necklace, in the pendant the words are engraved, Sky above me, earth below me and fire within me. These words have always been special since I was turned. I refuse to bite people or at least I try. The local tavern called The naughty pixie is where all us ‘normal’ people hang out. I hear a awful lot of screaming then I remember Keegan was outside, “oh no” I bolt downstairs and pass a few pixies. The only telltale sign is their sharp poutiest ears and how short they are. I throw open the door and march out. “What do you want?” I bark, a pack of three gangly werewolf men stood there smirking down at me. I am tall, as tall as a vampire can sort of get... “what are You going to do bloodsucker” one of them taunts. “Keep pushing me and you’ll find out” I snarl. One has a knife pressed to Keegan’s throat, “Hey” I half shout “let my friend go”. They laugh and one pushes me. I snap my fangs hard into their hand, the sour taste of werewolf blood fills my mouth. The other two laugh as their friend starts to yelp. Suddenly one steps forward and I start to threaten when he grabs a random pixie off the street. I’m so mad I launch myself ripping the skin off their arms, with a yell the other one forgets about Keegan and launches himself at me. I dodge and tackle him, “don’t. Touch. My. Friends” I pant. “Wow” Keegan whispers “you were really good. I lead the little pixie inside to try and mend her wounds, but I’m a vampire I can’t do much. Keegan steps forward her wand in hand, “here” she whispers mending her wounds, then she turns to me. “I’m fine” I mutter, she nods and turns back to the Pixie to heal the last of her wounds. I stared out the dusty window. I had done it, proven myself to be much more than just a vampire, to be a good friend.
You've got the good flow and overall bones of the story. :clap
Improving punctuation might be your next step. :)

For starters, when you've got a bit of dialogue, you should have some sort of punctuation within the quotation marks.

How are those words being uttered?
Calmly or just said in general?
Then it'd be-
"She's up again before sunrise," Fern said.

Excitedly, forcefully, or fearfully?
Exclamation point!
"Let's go!" Felicity yelped.

Is it a query or question?
"Do we really have to stay here for the rest of the afternoon?" Jedidiah groaned.

stop procrastinating T_T
haha

I don't think this is the place for me. :3

You've got the good flow and overall bones of the story. :clap
Improving punctuation might be your next step. :)

For starters, when you've got a bit of dialogue, you should have some sort of punctuation within the quotation marks.

How are those words being uttered?
Calmly or just said in general?
Then it'd be-
"She's up again before sunrise," Fern said.

Excitedly, forcefully, or fearfully?
Exclamation point!
"Let's go!" Felicity yelped.

Is it a query or question?
"Do we really have to stay here for the rest of the afternoon?" Jedidiah groaned.

haha

I don't think this is the place for me. :3
*flips table*
SARY GO WRITE

(Inspired by season six of Marvel's Agents of Shield; no spoilers for it, but if you've seen it, you'll recognize some things)
My breath came raggedly. As my feet pounded the gravel of the truck yard, I glanced over my shoulder at the girl sprinting after me, smiling maniacally. I turned back around just in time to crash into him, knocking my wind out. I could never escape him, not even after he died. He looked at my prone form with something that resembled a scowl, but somehow expressed pity. He crouched over my heaving body, tilting his head, studying me. As angry tears formed in my eyes, the corner of his mouth was pulled into a sympathetic smirk.
"Don't worry." he said. "The game's not over. You'll have to start over, get more experience. Maybe next time you'll make the right choice." He stood, looking at the lunatic with the knives. "She's all yours, Snow."
"Yes." she breathed, crouching over me, tracing my throat with her knives. "You'll make a beautiful butterfly."

Odysseus padded slowly through the cave, to find the stones. For a long time, the only sounds were the quiet sound of his paws padding along and the dripping of the ceiling. And the slow beating of his failing heart. The constant dripping was monotonous, adding to the dank feel of the cave, dark claustrophobic. A strange smell drifted into his nose. It triggered a little asthma, and he wheezed. The gas smelled metallic and harsh. The cave was totally black, impossible even for a Kentari to see in, not that his eyes, mostly ruined by the poisonous gasses of the crystal, would have given any succor to him. His other senses gave him a good deal of guidance. Still, miraculously, his poor eyesight detected a faint light in the distant caves beyond, and his nose and eyes streamed. He gathered some glowing crystals, most of them pale yellow-green. He carefully held them in his mouth, the taste of them repulsive, however, these crystals held the power to heal deep wounds. He picked his way through an impossible labyrinth and found himself near the surface. He spat the crystals on the ground in a little cave just inside the tunnel a den of sorts, before stepping out into the light that faintly poured in, onto an outcropping. It was nightime, once again he had forgotten the time between the night before and now.
He lifted his pale, ripped wings reverently.
No one ever seemed to come to his little cave. Crystals hung around his neck, glowing dimly, like the stars above. He felt alone.
Alone in a sky full of stars.
View attachment 1536118
Well since I already know a bit about Odysseus, I guess I'll do my best to make something completely different.

One thing you might want to do when posting the picture is not put your story in the same post. When I reply to it, it opens the spoiler.

His wings folded tightly against his rib cage as he wove through the tree trunks. Graying fur glistened in the moon light that leaked down from the branches above. The forest around him hummed with crickets. The occasional rustling leaves as mice scurried away from him tickled his ears. He wasn't here for them though. Tonight he had other plans.

Odysseus padded closer to the edge of the forest. The crickets though still playing their song were unheard by him, as he focused his ears on the breathing of the sleeping humans. The fire they had lit to keep his kind at bay had died down to embers, only casting a faint orange glow around them.

A low growl crept from his throat, and he bounded out of the safety of the trees toward them wings and claws spread. His growl becoming a full roar of rage. The humans leaped up from the ground grabbing what they could to defend themselves. Odysseus stopped short of their reach, glaring and growling, wings still spread and teeth bared. All three humans stared back at him wide eyed one held a stick with smoking embers pointed toward him.

"Stay back!" He shouted. Odysseus stared into the eyes of the one holding the branch. He seemed small for a human but a burning stick was still a burning stick.

"You don't belong here." He snarled, taking a step closer. "Leave. Or perhaps it's time humans had a reminder." Odysseus' eyes were wide watching them for the slightest tensing of muscle. He could feel the fur between his shoulder blades bristling.

The humans posture changed, they were trying to back out of the fight. Odysseus' ears twitched wildly at the gentle sounds of their shoes on the leafy forest floor as they backed away. It seemed as though he wouldn't have to fight today. He stood his ground as they left, all his senses followed their retreat.

Well since I already know a bit about Odysseus, I guess I'll do my best to make something completely different.

One thing you might want to do when posting the picture is not put your story in the same post. When I reply to it, it opens the spoiler.

His wings folded tightly against his rib cage as he wove through the tree trunks. Graying fur glistened in the moon light that leaked down from the branches above. The forest around him hummed with crickets. The occasional rustling leaves as mice scurried away from him tickled his ears. He wasn't here for them though. Tonight he had other plans.

Odysseus padded closer to the edge of the forest. The crickets though still playing their song were unheard by him, as he focused his ears on the breathing of the sleeping humans. The fire they had lit to keep his kind at bay had died down to embers, only casting a faint orange glow around them.

A low growl crept from his throat, and he bounded out of the safety of the trees toward them wings and claws spread. His growl becoming a full roar of rage. The humans leaped up from the ground grabbing what they could to defend themselves. Odysseus stopped short of their reach, glaring and growling, wings still spread and teeth bared. All three humans stared back at him wide eyed one held a stick with smoking embers pointed toward him.

"Stay back!" He shouted. Odysseus stared into the eyes of the one holding the branch. He seemed small for a human but a burning stick was still a burning stick.

"You don't belong here." He snarled, taking a step closer. "Leave. Or perhaps it's time humans had a reminder." Odysseus' eyes were wide watching them for the slightest tensing of muscle. He could feel the fur between his shoulder blades bristling.

The humans posture changed, they were trying to back out of the fight. Odysseus' ears twitched wildly at the gentle sounds of their shoes on the leafy forest floor as they backed away. It seemed as though he wouldn't have to fight today. He stood his ground as they left, all his senses followed their retreat.
Berry noice. I think maybe display some anger earlier on, like before he pounces?

Back
Top Bottom