Writing School

Ok I need to revive this. I lost a crapton of my stories due to google docs being absolutely retarded and I really want to write more.
Im going to do a quote every Wednesday and have yall turn in your stories on Tuesday.
Lets see who I need to tag.
@AMERAUCANAS4REAL
@Fanci Feathers Marans
@Rose Quartz
@HeavensHens88
@RiverStorm
@Butterscotchbitesfinger
hopefully anyone else gets the notif when I post idk who else wants in
SO PROMPT
I will be taking a quote from a daily music upload yt channel for today and pasting it here. Probably not the best thing but Its all I got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The game is never over. It just means start over with more experience.

god im tired
TUESDAY
I CAN DO THIS

Ok I need to revive this. I lost a crapton of my stories due to google docs being absolutely retarded and I really want to write more.
Im going to do a quote every Wednesday and have yall turn in your stories on Tuesday.
@AMERAUCANAS4REAL
@Fanci Feathers Marans
@Rose Quartz
@HeavensHens88
@RiverStorm
@Butterscotchbitesfinger
SO PROMPT
I will be taking a quote from a daily music upload yt channel for today and pasting it here. Probably not the best thing but Its all I got ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

god im tired
*Demonic screeching*
I'll try to write a little bit after school, I haven't wrote anything in like months so I need to get into the swing of things XD

Last edited:
@AMERAUCANAS4REAL
@Fanci Feathers Marans
@Rose Quartz
@HeavensHens88
@RiverStorm
@Butterscotchbitesfinger
SO PROMPT

god im tired
Wait what. What stories

So I wrote this in about 30-50 minutes so it may not be the best, but eh. I like it and it's the first thing I've wrote in forever XD
I wrote it while listening to Mat Kearney, RAC - Memorized and Mat Kearney - Better Than I Used To Be
Genre: Fantasy
Word count: 761
Camilla squinted her argent pigmented eyes down at the messy crisscross of lines decorating her page of hand crafted paper, before aggressively grinding her eraser into the sketch’s beginnings. Muttering something unintelligible under her breath, she tossed her eraser aside and picked her charcoal pencil back up, and began lightly stroking the paper; as Vagra had so happily showed her how to do. If Vagra’s so good at this, why can’t she just do it? She thought dryly.
She growled as— again— she messed up and her hand wobbled and a stray strand of black stretched over the cream paper as she brought her hand back. How come when I’m not trying, it comes out good, but the second I mean to draw something, it looks like a two year old kid had a hay day with a pencil?
Admittedly, what she’d drawn earlier had been rather good, and when Vagra had saw it her mouth nearly dropped open. What the merchant didn’t understand however, was that that had been a freak case in her book. Her family’s friend had much too quickly tasked Camilla with drawing more images because apparently she had “talent”. And the fact that Vagra thought she could maybe sell one of her pieces of work?
She shook her head.
Impossible.
The picture she was trying to do was of a leopard dozing in a tree, but at the current time it just looked like a bunch of conjoining scribbles, mildly resembling the big cat that she had hoped to capture in a drawing.
I really should just stick with running. Camilla had always been predisposed towards sports, she loved going for runs and racing her older sister, or kicking a ball around with her younger brother. When she was little she used to draw all the time, but there was no joking around about it— River was the artistic one in the family. She did enjoy drawing, and still did it from time to time, but the moment it was for someone else?
Pfft.
That was a whole other ballgame.
It’s one thing when it’s just a doodle that she’d only ever see, and possibly Thomas if he decided to be annoying and snoop around in her stuff. But the fact that multiple other people would see this made her nervous and obsessively think that it had to be perfect.
She leaned back in her chair and studied the drawing with a critical eye. Maybe I can burn it and say the dog chewed it up. Yup. That’s totally believable.
Something smacked into the side of her face, shaking her out of her thoughts and causing her to jerk back, the chair screeching as it was moved across the floor by her sudden movements. She glanced down to the floor to see that it had been a pen that had so rudely assaulted her.
“So what’s going on in that head that’s so important that you couldn’t hear a word I said?”
Thomas’s voice caused her to whip her head up to meet his creepily bright blue eyes. She laid an arm across her newest art piece to slickly hide it from her brother’s sight as he slide into a chair across the kitchen table from her and cocked his head, black bangs falling slightly into his right eye.
Camilla sighed dramatically, and Thomas cocked an eyebrow at her. “I’m just working on that picture for Vagra.”
“Huh.” He offered uselessly, attempting to get a look at the drawing she was trying to hide, but that only garnished him with a eraser getting thrown at his forehead just as he had done just moments before to her. “That bad?”
“That bad.”
“Oh come on, Cam, it can’t be too horrible.”
She lifted her arm and he quickly slid it over to himself, studying it. “So? The game is never over. It just means start over with more experience. That’s what Dad always said. So get back up, try again, and it'll get better eventually.”
Camilla leaned back in her chair, tipping her head back to look at the ceiling for a moment. Her brother almost never made any sense, but that did kinda make some sense. “Alright.” She murmured, sitting back up. I’ll try again and get River to give me some pointers when she gets back.
“But Cam?”
“Yeah?”
“Maybe don’t give this one to Vagra.”
She snorted and face-palmed. “I don’t really plan to, Tom.”

Last edited:
So I wrote this in about 30-50 minutes so it may not be the best, but eh. I like and it's the first thing I've wrote in forever XD
Camilla squinted her argent pigmented eyes down at the messy crisscross of lines decorating her page of hand crafted paper, before aggressively grinding her eraser into the sketch’s beginnings. Muttering something unintelligible under her breath, she tossed her eraser aside and picked her charcoal pencil back up, and began lightly stroking the paper; as Vagra had so happily showed her how to do. If Vagra’s so good at this, why can’t she just do it? She thought dryly.
She growled as— again— she messed up and her hand wobbled and a stray strand of black stretched over the cream paper as she brought her hand back. How come when I’m not trying, it comes out good, but the second I mean to draw something, it looks like a two year old kid had a hay day with a pencil?
Admittedly, what she’d drawn earlier had been rather good, and when Vagra had saw it her mouth nearly dropped open. What the merchant didn’t understand however, was that that had been a freak case in her book. Her family’s friend had much too quickly tasked Camilla with drawing more images because apparently she had “talent”. And the fact that Vagra thought she could maybe sell one of her pieces of work?
She shook her head.
Impossible.
The picture she was trying to do was of a leopard dozing in a tree, but at the current time it just looked like a bunch of conjoining scribbles, mildly resembling the big cat that she had hoped to capture in a drawing.
I really should just stick with running. Camilla had always been predisposed towards sports, she loved going for runs and racing her older sister, or kicking a ball around with her younger brother. When she was little she used to draw all the time, but there was no joking around about it— River was the artistic one in the family. She did enjoy drawing, and still did it from time to time, but the moment it was for someone else?
Pfft.
It’s one thing when it’s just a doodle that she’d only ever see, and possibly Thomas if he decided to be annoying and snoop around in her stuff. But the fact that multiple other people would see this maybe her nervous and obsessively think that it had to be perfect.
She leaned back in her chair in studied the drawing with a critical eye. Maybe I can burn it and say the dog chewed it up. Yup. That’s totally believable.
Something smacked into the side of her face, shaking her out of her thoughts and causing her to jerk back, the chair screeching as it was moved across the floor by her sudden movements. She glanced down to the floor to see that it had been a pen that had so rudely assaulted her.
“So what’s going on in that head that’s so important that you couldn’t hear a word I said?”
Thomas’s voice caused her to whip her head up to meet his creepily bright blue eyes. She laid to arm across her newest art piece to slickly hide it from her brother’s sight as he slide into a chair across the kitchen table from her and cocked his head, black bangs falling slightly into his right eye.
Camilla sighed dramatically, and Thomas cocked an eyebrow at her. “I’m just working on that picture for Vagra.”
“Huh.” He offered uselessly, attempting to get a look at the drawing she was trying to hide, but that only garnished him with a eraser getting thrown at his forehead just as he had done just moments before to her. “That bad?”
“That bad.”
She lifted her arm and he quickly slid it over to himself, studying it. “So? The game is never over. It just means start over with more experience. That’s what Dad always said. So get back up, try again, and it'll get better eventually.”
Camilla leaned back in her chair, tipping her head back to look at the ceiling for a moment. Her brother almost never made any sense, but that did kinda make some sense. “Alright.” She murmured, sitting back up. I’ll try again and get River to give me some pointers when she gets back.
“But Cam?”
“Yeah?”
Dang, that was quick. XD
'tis very zesty. Cam's too relatable, though, oh my word. :gig

So I wrote this in about 30-50 minutes so it may not be the best, but eh. I like and it's the first thing I've wrote in forever XD
I wrote it while listening to Mat Kearney, RAC - Memorized and Mat Kearney - Better Than I Used To Be
She shook her head.
Impossible.
Pfft.
It’s one thing when it’s just a doodle that she’d only ever see, and possibly Thomas if he decided to be annoying and snoop around in her stuff. But the fact that multiple other people would see this maybe her nervous and obsessively think that it had to be perfect.
She leaned back in her chair in studied the drawing with a critical eye. Maybe I can burn it and say the dog chewed it up. Yup. That’s totally believable.
Thomas’s voice caused her to whip her head up to meet his creepily bright blue eyes. She laid an arm across her newest art piece to slickly hide it from her brother’s sight as he slide into a chair across the kitchen table from her and cocked his head, black bangs falling slightly into his right eye.
“That bad.”
“But Cam?”
“Yeah?”
Arts struggles. I like it. Very goot.

Back
Top Bottom