Sophie-lou

In the Brooder
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there, I'm new to hatching and have just hatched 3 Indian runner ducklings. One of them has a crooked neck. It's not as bad as some of the pictures I have seen and he/she is able to drink and eat on there own. I have ordered some vitamin D infant drops, which have vitamin D3, Vitamin E and coconut oil in and I have also brought some brewers yeast. Is it safe too use both of these on Quin or will it be too many vitamins? Are infant vitamins okay?(they're in drop form)I have checked and they definitely don't have iron in. Can I put it in there water/food and give it to all of them? I just don't know what to do and have read so many posts on here and am still unsure. Does anyone have any advise?

Hi there, I'm new to hatching and have just hatched 3 Indian runner ducklings. One of them has a crooked neck. It's not as bad as some of the pictures I have seen and he/she is able to drink and eat on there own. I have ordered some vitamin D infant drops, which have vitamin D3, Vitamin E and coconut oil in and I have also brought some brewers yeast. Is it safe too use both of these on Quin or will it be too many vitamins? Are infant vitamins okay?(they're in drop form)I have checked and they definitely don't have iron in. Can I put it in there water/food and give it to all of them? I just don't know what to do and have read so many posts on here and am still unsure. Does anyone have any advise?
The vitamins you have will work together. Give both. Put the liquid on treats. They will probably love the brewer's yeast, so it can go on treats or food. Once Quin is better, give the liquid once a week for a month, then stop. Brewer's yeast can be continued indefinitely.

The vitamins you have will work together. Give both. Put the liquid on treats. They will probably love the brewer's yeast, so it can go on treats or food. Once Quin is better, give the liquid once a week for a month, then stop. Brewer's yeast can be continued indefinitely.
So I should give the vitamins every day and once shes okay, then once a week? And should I just give her the drops and not the other two? Thank you, I have been worrying so much!!

I may have misunderstood. Give brewer's yeast daily for sure. There is no safety issue with brewer's yeast since b vitamins are water soluble. You can't have too much.

I thought you also had a liquid with vitamins d3 and e? Vitamin e is important for wry neck. I would give that til symptoms resolve. Then once a week for a month.

I'm not clear what the third vitamin was.

I would treat all since the others may have a similar, milder deficiency.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom