Wry neck survivability

My chick passed last night. It was definitely a learning experience
I'm sorry to hear that! :(

Crooky is still alive, and less crooked than yesterday, but he's also a lot less energetic and seems to be gasping for air. So I'm concerned. His air bubble hasn't gotten any bigger, and is still on the side/back of his neck, so I don't think it's directly pressing any organs or air sacs, but if he doesn't improve in the next couple of hours, I'll try draining the air bubble.

I'm sorry to hear that! :(

Crooky is still alive, and less crooked than yesterday, but he's also a lot less energetic and seems to be gasping for air. So I'm concerned. His air bubble hasn't gotten any bigger, and is still on the side/back of his neck, so I don't think it's directly pressing any organs or air sacs, but if he doesn't improve in the next couple of hours, I'll try draining the air bubble.

I hope your chick pulls through. It's so hard when they are so little. ❤

Crooky died :hit I feel so guilty. What if I'd drained the air bubble sooner. What if I checked on him more often. What if. Damn it, I wasn't even going to bother with any of this at first, and was prepared to cull and just be done with it, but once I started spending time and putting effort into it, I guess I bonded with the little thing. He made so much progress yesterday (he was walking!!!), I really thought he could come out of the crookedness and be a normal chicken! Maybe it was the air thing, or maybe he had other issues, who knows. I'm just so, so sad.

Crooky died :hit I feel so guilty. What if I'd drained the air bubble sooner. What if I checked on him more often. What if. Damn it, I wasn't even going to bother with any of this at first, and was prepared to cull and just be done with it, but once I started spending time and putting effort into it, I guess I bonded with the little thing. He made so much progress yesterday (he was walking!!!), I really thought he could come out of the crookedness and be a normal chicken! Maybe it was the air thing, or maybe he had other issues, who knows. I'm just so, so sad.

Oh I'm so sorry. That's so hard.

I've got another sick chick... so it's not wry neck. I need to figure out what it is! Ack!

Oh I'm so sorry. That's so hard.

I've got another sick chick... so it's not wry neck. I need to figure out what it is! Ack!
Oh no, I'm sorry! What's wrong with it? What symptoms? I had another questionable chick, too - its eyes were slanting the wrong way and it was acting sleepy and wobbly, but it has gotten better over time and now it's getting harder to tell it from the others.

Oh no, I'm sorry! What's wrong with it? What symptoms? I had another questionable chick, too - its eyes were slanting the wrong way and it was acting sleepy and wobbly, but it has gotten better over time and now it's getting harder to tell it from the others.

Just crashed. Was eating and running around 10 minutes ago
20210422_095335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom