WTB canning jars

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
Im getting into canning and wanted to know if there is anyone near me that has any to sell--quart and pint sizes. I posted on CL too. I have no problem buying them new from a store but if there was someone cleaning out closets and came across some and you live near me-ish I would possibly buy/trade for things I might have?

I buy mine at Big Lots if you have one in your area. They are usually $7.00 a case. I have a whole closet full I buy them when they come out. LOL
I also ask for them for Christmas.
thumbsup.gif

If you have flea markets in your area that is a good place to get them. Also, we ran an ad a few years ago in a Electric Co-op monthly periodical and we got covered up with calls. We finally ended up with an additional 90 dozen. Most of them at $3 per doz. You would be surprised at the number of people who give up on canning each year, either from age or just don't want to do the work anymore. Good luck.

Strange that you asked. Today we finished up canning 35 quarts of vegetable soup mixture, this gave 175 quarts of tomato products, we have canned 180 quarts of green beans, many beet pickles, 14 day pickles, sour Kraut, salsa, etc. Our goal is to be able to live a year out of our pantry if we have to. It may not be the things that we really enjoy eating every day but we want go hungry if there is a major event in this country. We probably have over a thousand jars of food in our pantry.

Back
Top Bottom