WTB: PURE Black Orp eggs....

I am working on black orps, but they won't be laying for a while yet. I'm still waiting on eggs, so far I only have one line of birds that I hatched. I'm posting some current pics in a few minutes..
smile.png

Quote:
Hello Charlie,
So if they have the green sheen its better?
We have a young Roo who is very LARGE and has a beautiful green sheen to him. (Thank goodness!)
We only have one splash-blue hen that he will be with right now.
We may go to a few shows and take him with us.
He looks like a big gangly teenager. LOL!
Thanks for any info.
Angela

horsechick, yes if you plan to breed black to black, or if you would want to use them for a lavender project and have only that choice from BBS stock and no pure bred black to sort of say.

go for the best looking beetle green sheen is the way to go.
they should give some good off spring.

Pale/dull black or purple sheen is really a no no unless its your only resort..

This was always my thought about blacks.

Dutchchic, Are split black/lavenders at only 8 weeks old and the older ones all have a super beetle green sheen to them already and you can see the good black in them..Wait till they get there..you are gonna love them...!!!!
ya.gif

Charlie

Last edited:
Hello everyone. This thread brings up an important question about Orpingtons. I have been looking to join the United Orpington Club of America and if I am looking at the right site, it has not been updated in 4 years. I emailed the webmaster about joining weeks ago and never heard anything back. Am I looking at the right place for the Orpington Club. The site I am on is hosted by geocities.
Good lucks with your Blacks though. I am still just a plain old Buff guy right now on a long waiting list for some BBS Orpingtons with good lacing.
Take care

Hi chickenandabiscuit, pretty new user.
welcome-byc.gif

They are working on a new site from what they told me..The president of the club emailed me and told me..so we can all look forward to that one of these days when it gets done..

Charlie

chickenandabiscuit, you are not alone. I know of several people who have tried to join and there has been no response at all from the contact info.

Quote:
Oh I can't wait!!! Jody sent me an email that they are on their way as we speak...
wee.gif
I kind of expect a phone call around 7am telling me to come get my chooks!!!

If only I had any knowledge on breeders of orpingtons to get an active club going again...or any good knowledge on what to breed to what to achieve what.....or if only I knew how to tie my shoes...(thank god for velcro)
lol.png

My feet are good and wet, but I still have a lot to learn before I start offering too much advice my self. I love this forum. It's addicting and helpful. I'm daily checking the offering pages looking for BBS orpington eggs for sale.

I have been helping Don with a new site. Should be up in a few weeks. If you want to join email Don Chandler [email protected] and he can give you the info. Sorry about all the confusion

Back
Top Bottom