WTB: Several breeds

If you can wait a few months I'll have Bantam Cochin eggs. I'll have white, mottled (but I got those from you, lol!), splash, barred, and I'll keep my frizzles out of the mix anyway since two were removed from the coop due to the RIR cockerels plucking their heads nearly bald. I swear those boys are going to freezer camp if someone doesn't take them soon!
somad.gif

All of my standards, I don't have roos to match the girls yet. I have a Cuckoo Maran roo and a Partridge Turken roo, but my standard girls are SLW, GLW, Araucauna, Black Australorp, and Amber Sexlink. I have the EE girl I got from Babymakes5 STILL in my bathroom as she is absolutely terrified of those chickens. But once she starts laying, she is going out there to stay. I'll just have to adapt her out there again. But I know you aren't really looking for mixed breeds right now. I just wanted to let you know that that's what I have out there right now. Besides, it's primarily my Bantam Barred Cochin roo that is mating with everyone right now, even the Standards! Lol! The reason I say a few months is because I haven't separated out the birds I want pure eggs from yet. I'll be doing that over the winter and pulling eggs once they are laying more regularly. I set some eggs the other day because fertility is good, I just want to see what my hatching rate is. I even put a teeny tiny egg in there that I think came from either one of my smaller Cochins, or it came from my itty bitty d'Uccle girl. I'm working on getting the colors and breeds I still want. I'm also working on other colors of Silkies. Right now all I have are white and they aren't laying yet. My roo isn't even mounting any hens yet, but I know they are slower to mature. And they aren't even show quality. My Splash are gorgeous though, especially my roo. His colors are the best I've ever seen on a Splash roo. And he has a wonderful personality too. He's the one I'm going to use next Spring to get started on getting my Blue Mottled. But as I said before, I won't have any eggs for a few more months, and I don't know anything about shipping them in the winter. Is it safe? Hopefully they will be laying normally by November. If so, I can get eggs shipped out before winter is actually upon us. I am praying it's not as cold as it was last winter! Let me know if you're interested. Not sure on pricing yet, but we can work something out. I'm off to work now but if you want pics of my birds I can have the kids take some good ones tomorrow after I get some new batteries tonight at work, and then download them tomorrow after work. If you can wait though, I'll get even better pics on my next day off, which will be next Tuesday. Yeah, I'm starting a 6 day stretch today cause my manager is on vacation. Come next Spring though I hope to also have Birchen, Lemon Blue, Lavender, and Brown Reds in my flock, but one step at a time...
big_smile.png
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom