Wtf Are These White Mold-looking Spots on my Pumpkin's Comb?

Today's update comes from after work. What a difference between yesterday and today! No one injured him either, so that's a huge plus in this mess! His body's fighting it off well, and I gave him his treatment. His feathers look like shit, but, oh well. It's like hair; they'll grow back.

Oh, amd fyi, I'm not grabbing him roughly at all. Just enough for me to do what I need to do. He's been a trooper about all this, and has been letting me do what's needed; he hates being a birdie burrito though XD
20220912_171734.jpg
20220912_171737.jpg
20220912_171740.jpg
20220912_171745.jpg
20220912_173001.jpg

A couple of these spots (closer to the top of his comb) sure are stubborn. Almost thinking I should pop them myself but, I'm trying to ride this out as it's been doing. There's probably a good chance he'll still have this even after we move into the new house and get their layout settled, but it'd be an advantage by that point. I can treat him more through the day as opposed to once as it is now. As long as he's eating, drinking, and being himself, I'm not gonna worry too much.
20220913_154804.jpg
20220913_154811.jpg

A couple of these spots (closer to the top of his comb) sure are stubborn. Almost thinking I should pop them myself but, I'm trying to ride this out as it's been doing. There's probably a good chance he'll still have this even after we move into the new house and get their layout settled, but it'd be an advantage by that point. I can treat him more through the day as opposed to once as it is now. As long as he's eating, drinking, and being himself, I'm not gonna worry too much.View attachment 3258798View attachment 3258799
I'd ride it out a bit longer.
I know it is tempting to want to pick at those, but it looks like the scabs are much improved. Keep up the good work on taking care of him.
Time and Patience:hugs

I'd ride it out a bit longer.
I know it is tempting to want to pick at those, but it looks like the scabs are much improved. Keep up the good work on taking care of him.
Time and Patience:hugs
I'm riding it out as best I can. Doing my absolute best not to disturb the spots. He is healing very well, I couldn't be prouder with how he's handling it. I'm just glad I don't have to go at it as aggressively now, and that he got to the recovery phase quickly so knock-on-wood everyone else will be just fine.

Whatever this was, I'm glad it wasn't more serious. I must've caught it just in time.

Pumpkin continues to do incredible!

The ones from this morning look good. It looks like a lot of the swelling has gone down.
20220914_102309.jpg
20220914_102314.jpg
20220914_102318.jpg

And these ones from this afternoon show quite a bit of change! It looks like one of the gross spots fell off on its own! So now it's making sure the other one goes the same route, making sure the side of his comb heals well, and getting the ones on his face to do the same. Those ones are a bit tougher 'cause he messes that part up with preening...or failed mounts.
20220914_155034.jpg
20220914_155042.jpg
20220914_155048.jpg

Sorry these images don't have the best lighting. I don't know where the light switch in my dad's boss's barn is, so I'm using what I got. At least my phone has Night Mode so I don't have to bother with flashes.

Back
Top Bottom