Wyoming Unite!!!!

Thanks. I will. I have called them and been watching the tracking which apparently the usps does not update very well. I am hoping I get the call really early in the morning.
The USPS recently changed how they show the tracking on packages. They will email or text you updates on your package if you click on the correct links and fill in the necessary information.

I've never ordered from Cackle but when I used to get mail order chicks I would tell them to call me at 5:30 in the morning when the truck came in. Let's hope you get the call tomorrow. You might call them early even if they haven't notified you. At least the weather isn't bitter cold now.
I had to go to town this morning. When I left the temp was in the 50°s at the house. When time I got to town the temp there was in the 30°s. By the time I got back home the temp at the house was down to 40°F.

The morning started out nice, I found my first daffodil blooming along with more crocuses. My forsythias were blooming. By afternoon the flowers were all under an inch of snow. It got down to 24°F and is heading back in the right direction since it is up to 29°F right now at 12:30 AM.

Last edited:
Yesterday started off nice with temp around 50*, then it was all downhill from there. Most of the day we had off/on again snow flurries and temps in the low 30's. Today it's supposed to be back in the low 50's thank goodness...no more of that white stuff I hope!

@Mylittlefarmof12 best wishes for the chicks to get to you soon, keep us posted!

Mine were shipped on a Monday and not received here until Thursday, every single time. After the first ones I learned that the postal tracking system is useless...it said my chicks were delivered on Wednesday when in reality they sat in Casper overnight - in 17 below zero weather - then had to be put on a truck and sent from Casper up to here. Since we are just little offshoots of the main post office, they were considered "delivered" once they reached the main post office. I was not happy, but the chicks did great. I had two choices after our Cowley postmistress helped me find out where they really were - I could have them sent to Lovell and then sorted out once again with mail destined for Cowley, put on a truck and delivered here later in the morning, or I could go to Lovell and pick them up as soon as the truck from Casper arrived. Well, DUH!!

I actually went to the Casper distribution center once to pick up some guinea keets that missed the truck to Buffalo. They were very nice down there and were perfectly fine with me getting them myself. All but one of the keets were alive and made it home with me.

Yesterday started off nice with temp around 50*, then it was all downhill from there. Most of the day we had off/on again snow flurries and temps in the low 30's. Today it's supposed to be back in the low 50's thank goodness...no more of that white stuff I hope!

@Mylittlefarmof12 best wishes for the chicks to get to you soon, keep us posted!
I guarantee you that we are not through with the "white stuff". We are not into May yet and I have never had my crabapple tree bloom without the blossoms becoming covered with snow. My crabapple is just barely starting to bud out.

Back
Top Bottom