Wyoming Unite!!!!

I'm tired of wearing boots! I'm tired of heavy coats and gloves! I'm tired of shoveling snow! I'm tired of 25 chicks in the front room because it's too cold to try to heat the barn brooder! :barnie

Now that I have my morning rant out of the way maybe I can get some work done! :D

I'm tired of wearing boots! I'm tired of heavy coats and gloves! I'm tired of shoveling snow! I'm tired of 25 chicks in the front room because it's too cold to try to heat the barn brooder! :barnie

Now that I have my morning rant out of the way maybe I can get some work done! :D
:lau
It's a whole 20°F here, nasty windchill and about 3/4" of snow so far. It isn't coming down very hard though. It is only 50°F in the greenhouse but only because I plugged in a heater.

My brooder is out in the coop and I almost never brood chicks in the house. I have made an exception for a few guinea keets over the years but not something I would normally do.

The chickens and turkeys are appreciating the extra warmth from the brooder.

I am getting ready to make banana bread to maybe warm up the kitchen a little.

It's snowing and blowing like crazy here south of you all too. Visibility is about 1/2 a mile. Ugh, and I have an appointment in town this afternoon.

Beginning to wonder if my trip to Laramie is going to happen tomorrow (I'm a coward about driving on the highway even if it is open:))

I had synchronized egg laying today. A turkey managed to cram her butt in a chicken nest box and laid an egg. Two chicken hens decided that must be a desirable laying place and jammed themselves together in the nest box. I just happened to be standing there watching them as they both stood up and went through the motions. There was a "thunk" followed by a second "thunk" less than a half second later as both hens laid their eggs almost at the same time. They left the nest very soon and I collected one turkey egg and two beautiful very warm blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom