Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Thank u! its nice to know there are gardening and chicken ppl around..
I'm excited about the move,(not happy to sell my flock and start over) but being from tx most of my life,
it will be a huuuuge adjustment. lets keep in touch!!
anyone on Facebook?? pm me if so..

Adrienne :))

Woke up this morning to cold and lots of snow, and I have to drive to Cody this morning. Heard you guys already have 7 inches in some places. Any hints on road conditions? I'll check back before I head out. Rats! And I just put the girls (and Charlie) out in the coop yesterday. Poor babies!
Cody has 6 inch and it is still coming down.The plows haven't made it to this end yet. I just cancelled a trip to cowley /powell myself.

Cody has 6 inch and it is still coming down.The plows haven't made it to this end yet. I just cancelled a trip to cowley /powell myself.
I read your post and I apologize for not responding right then. And thanks for the info. We did make it Cody and back. Good friend of ours had to get her eye checked following cataract surgery yesterday, so we hit Walmart while she was in with the doctor and then we all ate at Granny's before we came home.

The roads were horrible the closer we got to Cody, so you weren't kidding! Thick, heavy slush underneath the snow and not a Zamboni to be seen on the highway. It was one of those days where if you didn't have to drive, it was probably smarter not to, but since this was a post-op exam and she obviously couldn't drive herself, well........ We've traveled in heavier snow, but it's when it has that tire grabbing, windshield coating, slushy stuff underneath that makes it so much more difficult.

You getting any of it yet, Estatechicks? And Furbaby, with all affection and due respect,
barnie.gif

I've had to drive in some pretty serious weather over the years. It's apart of living in Wyoming! But I have always made it safe, even before I had a pick-up and drove my little prius for a couple years :)

I've had to drive in some pretty serious weather over the years. It's apart of living in Wyoming! But I have always made it safe, even before I had a pick-up and drove my little prius for a couple years :)
Yup, same here. And we moved here 18 years ago from Eastern South Dakota, shortly after hubby retired from the Navy, so blizzards, ice, wind and storms are nothing new. But I'd rather drive on anything than that slushy stuff with snow covering it. We haven't even ever owned a four wheel drive anything and seem to do just fine.
fl.gif

Had 6 inches of snow this morning. I had chicks coming, the truck was late to the PO but I got them, then we had to wait 2 hours on the highway before I could get home because an oil truck was stuck on a hill and the sheriff would let anyone go by
barnie.gif
Thankfully the chicks made it ok and their doing great!

Back
Top Bottom