Wyoming Unite!!!!

@N F C
I assume the weather has been just as kind to you as it is here. Between yesterday and last night the white accumulation is at 7" and climbing. It is still snowing.

It was 62°F on Tuesday. Following tonight's predicted low of 6°F, it is expected to return to the 60°s by Monday. It is currently 15°F. The greenhouse is all the way up to 46°F.
We're only being promised temps in the 40s, but that's my area specifically--high in the Black Hills. (sigh) I really love it here, all the same.

@N F C
I assume the weather has been just as kind to you as it is here. Between yesterday and last night the white accumulation is at 7" and climbing. It is still snowing.

It was 62°F on Tuesday. Following tonight's predicted low of 6°F, it is expected to return to the 60°s by Monday. It is currently 15°F. The greenhouse is all the way up to 46°F.

Yep, it's been pretty much the same here. I think you guys actually have more snow (DH is in Casper) but we have plenty. It started last night and hasn't stopped yet, we're probably around 4-5". :tongue My flock was complaining loudly this morning...they'd been enjoying the nicer temps (and no snow)!

We're only being promised temps in the 40s, but that's my area specifically--high in the Black Hills. (sigh) I really love it here, all the same.

Hi Cindy! I've been in the Black Hills several times on vacations, such a pretty area. My son & I were in the Rapid City area just last fall.

Hi Cindy! I've been in the Black Hills several times on vacations, such a pretty area. My son & I were in the Rapid City area just last fall.
So glad you enjoyed it here! :) The WY Black Hills is very beautiful... we've considered moving there on occasion, to a valley location with maybe a slightly longer growing season (and significantly lower taxes). It's just so much work though, moving. :oops: I do envy ya'll's property taxes SO much.

So glad you enjoyed it here! :) The WY Black Hills is very beautiful... we've considered moving there on occasion, to a valley location with maybe a slightly longer growing season (and significantly lower taxes). It's just so much work though, moving. :oops: I do envy ya'll's property taxes SO much.

I'm surprised about the property taxes! They seem high here to me compared to when we lived in Florida. Guess it's all about what you're used to. Have you lived in SD a long time?

The WY Black Hills area was beautiful. The son and I spent time around Devil's Tower and really enjoyed the scenery.

Florida was pretty high in Polk County when we lived there. I think it depends a lot on where you live. Population has some to do with it since many hands make light work. And of course SD has no income tax (we're retired, though, so...) I've been here 30+ years. DH is SD born & bred, but he started out in the far eastern reaches of the state that we "ever-so-virtuous" westerners call East-River. :lau I'm not sure that counts.;)

Florida was pretty high in Polk County when we lived there. I think it depends a lot on where you live. Population has some to do with it since many hands make light work. And of course SD has no income tax (we're retired, though, so...) I've been here 30+ years. DH is SD born & bred, but he started out in the far eastern reaches of the state that we "ever-so-virtuous" westerners call East-River. :lau I'm not sure that counts.;)

Oh my gosh...you were in Polk county? So were we! DH and I had a little farm for 3 years before his job brought us up here to WY.

Oh my gosh...you were in Polk county? So were we! DH and I had a little farm for 3 years before his job brought us up here to WY.
How funny! We lived near Winter Haven. No farm, alas, just a rented house. I was born in Rapid City and raised in FL. Was very glad to move back up here to care for my grandfather. FL was nice, though, especially back then.

How funny! We lived near Winter Haven. No farm, alas, just a rented house. I was born in Rapid City and raised in FL. Was very glad to move back up here to care for my grandfather. FL was nice, though, especially back then.

We lived outside of Florahome, loved it there. But no jobs at all so when this one came up for DH, we had to go. WY has it's good points for sure, but I liked the FL weather better (sorry Bob) :D

We lived outside of Florahome, loved it there. But no jobs at all so when this one came up for DH, we had to go. WY has it's good points for sure, but I liked the FL weather better (sorry Bob) :D
Me too on the weather, but I was raised in it. And the insect population... Even East-River pales in comparison. I don't think DH would like FL at all. :lau Plus yes, at the time we moved up here there weren't a lot of job options, not that my ex tried very hard (or at all). I was an RN, so I had no trouble finding work. Still I always wanted to return to SD. My family used to visit annually and sometimes at Christmas until the drive-55 thing happened. So glad to be here-not-there just now. My son is there. :( He always loved FL best. I get that, but...

Back
Top Bottom