Wyoming Unite!!!!

Hello everyone. I am in Casper. Got into chickens last year when we saw them at Murdochs. We have a mixed group of Silkies, Ameraucana, Light Brahma, Silver laced Wyandotte and a Polish. We got the Silkies and the Polish from Murdochs when we first started. They are very addicting we started with just a few and before the summer was over we had purchased day old chicks.

I noticed people talking about Murdoch’s they receive a couple of shipments so there is more to come and for those interested they will have ducks sometime at the end of the month. If you call them or at the store they will usually tell you what kind of chicks are coming and when they are due to arrive.

caf.gif
Welcome, glad to see another local.

I see that L and C Pets and Gifts in Evansville is advertising that they have chicks in. Noland Feed in Casper is a good source for chicks also but works out better if you pre-order. I don't know about Murdoch's but back when the local store was still Linton's Big R, they would also take pre-orders.

Did any of the Casper folks get chicks from Murdochs?

What breeds did they get?

Stopped in Murdoch's yesterday. They now have Rhode Island Red pullets and Barred Rock pullets and str. run. All the others are str. run only, White Silkie bantams, White Cochins, Buff Brahma Bantams, Partridge Rocks, and Cornish Roaster.

I hatched 31 chicks on March 3, a mixture of light brahmas, white-laced red cornish and brahma/cornish cross chicks. I had 17 of them get relocated to Gillette at 3 days old. A broody cornish hatched 5 of 7 eggs and mysteriously had one chick disappear and another died so she is herding around three brahma/cronish cross chicks.

I currently have 94 eggs in the incubator and another 8 that I gave to another broody cornish hen. They are all due April 6. There are Welsummer, BCM, Swedish Flower hen, white-laced red cornish, light brahma and brahma/cornish cross eggs in this batch. If I have a decent hatch I am going to be overflowing with chicks.

Another Wyoming chick owner here. We live in Southeast Wyoming, near Burns. We put the cart before the horse and got the chicks before the barn was completed, but spring is the time to get them from any really local place that I have heard of, so we got them and made a pen in the garage. I used to have game cock/mixed bantam crosses when I lived in Arkansas as a teen, but this is the first time with full size birds (after the game cocks, of course, those were nicely sized Roos to add color to my flock).

Back
Top Bottom