Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Hope your trees make it through alright Bob. I'm not sure how much we have but boots will be necessary to go out to the coop.

It's going to be cold all day, no chance of that snow melting today.

Well...it's snowing here again!
The snow has stopped this morning and the sun is trying to shine.

I got almost 5" of heavy white stuff starting yesterday afternoon and finishing up sometime during the night. It got down to 27°F. There are broken branches all over the place. The netting over the main part of the run which is normally 7' off the ground at the low point was down to 3' off the ground. Young trees laying down flat on the ground. There were just too many leaves left on the trees for a heavy wet snow like this. My brush pile is going to more than double in size.

The young turkeys are running around hollering, looking for something familiar.

Bob, that's a shame about the trees. I haven't been down to the golf course yet this morning but all of the cottonwood trees still had a ton of leaves left on them, the trees are old and kind of brittle...wonder how those branches are holding up.

At least your turkeys are out and about. My girls are afraid to leave the coop. I just came in from shoveling a path to the coop, cleared the snow from a good part of their run and cleared off their ramp. The chickens will come about 1/3 of the way down (they're eating the feed I sprinkled on the ramp to lure them), then go back into the coop. Guess they'll venture out when they get hungrier.

Bob, that's a shame about the trees. I haven't been down to the golf course yet this morning but all of the cottonwood trees still had a ton of leaves left on them, the trees are old and kind of brittle...wonder how those branches are holding up.

At least your turkeys are out and about. My girls are afraid to leave the coop. I just came in from shoveling a path to the coop, cleared the snow from a good part of their run and cleared off their ramp. The chickens will come about 1/3 of the way down (they're eating the feed I sprinkled on the ramp to lure them), then go back into the coop. Guess they'll venture out when they get hungrier.
I just open the doors and if they want to come out they can and if not that is okay too.

full

full

Picking olives
full

full

Hanging out showing off
full

full

full

full

full

Wow, your trees are really heavy. Like seeing the turkeys enjoying themselves :)

My girls finally worked up the courage to get outside. Glad to see that!

Thanks for the welcome R2elk. Well, finished my coop and run last weekend and now I need some chickens. Do you know of anyone in my area (northern Wy.) that has Australorps and perhaps a few (4) they might sell me? Thanks again, have a great day.

Attachments

• IMG_7301.JPG
    IMG_7301.JPG
    834 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the welcome R2elk. Well, finished my coop and run last weekend and now I need some chickens. Do you know of anyone in my area (northern Wy.) that has Australorps and perhaps a few (4) they might sell me? Thanks again, have a great day.
My suggestion is to post a wanted ad on craigslist. You could also PM (start a conversation with @red horse ranch who lives in Buffalo.

Back
Top Bottom