Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Wyoming like all states has import regulations for bringing in any live animals which includes your pet dogs and cats, livestock and poultry. Other than the import regulations, I am not aware of any state regulations against poultry.

Individual cities may or may not allow poultry in urban areas. Typically there are limits to how many hens may be allowed and also no roosters. Non urban areas may have zoning requirements that prohibit having any animals that can be considered food. Some HOAs may also have covenants against poultry. You will have to check the specific zoning and covenants or municipal ordinances for the site you choose.

One of the oddities of Wyoming is that parakeets are on the forbidden list.
When you say parakeets are on the forbidden list does that mean you can't bring them into the state when moving? I'm in Casper and our local Petco sales Parakeets

When you say parakeets are on the forbidden list does that mean you can't bring them into the state when moving? I'm in Casper and our local Petco sales Parakeets
To the best of my knowledge, parakeets are not legal in Wyoming. I have not checked in Petco but I suspect the local game warden would be interested in knowing about this. The big stores are aware of the prohibition and do not carry parakeets but a pet store that brings in out of state management and hires people who are not familiar with the state laws could unknowingly bring in animals that are not legal here.

To the best of my knowledge, parakeets are not legal in Wyoming. I have not checked in Petco but I suspect the local game warden would be interested in knowing about this. The big stores are aware of the prohibition and do not carry parakeets but a pet store that brings in out of state management and hires people who are not familiar with the state laws could unknowingly bring in animals that are not legal here.
I had no idea we had parakeets growing up (Laramie) I don't think I would have ever guessed they would not be allowed if I had to move it never would have crossed my mind to find out if I could bring our pet parakeet with us

I had no idea we had parakeets growing up (Laramie) I don't think I would have ever guessed they would not be allowed if I had to move it never would have crossed my mind to find out if I could bring our pet parakeet with us
The ban didn't go into effect until the mid 1970s. Before that, all the stores with pet departments carried them and many people had them. I suspect that parakeets were the number one caged bird in the nation.

If you want a pet bird, it is legal to catch and raise and keep starlings (no permits required).

One of the things I miss is that it is no longer legal to have a crow. As a youngster back east, I was given a crow that was stolen from a nest. It turned out to be a wonderful experience raising that bird. When one of the dogs had puppies that crow would walk up the path to the barn and go see those puppies everyday. It was quite capable of flying but instead walked everywhere.

We had snow and some short-lived ice yesterday. Today's actually not bad (in the 40's).

That's good news on your vegetables Bob!

It's coming down fast & furious here too. Glad I don't have to be on the road tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom