Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Some how I got "unwatched" on this thread...looks like I missed out on turkey vultures and garden pickings. Bob, nice harvest on your end of season garden goodies.

Bob, I wanted to let you know my Wellie laid her first egg a couple days ago! Kind of surprised to see it already, I was prepared to wait longer. Nice surprise!

Some how I got "unwatched" on this thread...looks like I missed out on turkey vultures and garden pickings. Bob, nice harvest on your end of season garden goodies.

Bob, I wanted to let you know my Wellie laid her first egg a couple days ago! Kind of surprised to see it already, I was prepared to wait longer. Nice surprise!
It is going to freeze very soon so I picked the ripe pumpkins yesterday. I had 14 pie pumpkins, one Doris and 3 Big Moose. There were two 60 lb. Big Moose and one that was 85 lbs. I was lucky and the UPS driver stopped by and read the scale for me when I was weighing the pumpkins.

I also pulled all the mouse melon vines and ended up with two pints of hot dill pickles and one pint of dill pickles (ran out of jalapenos).

Today I plan on pulling tomato plants, it makes it easier to keep from missing tomatoes. I had a few ripe cantaloupe but it looks like most of the rest will go to the poultry since they don't care if they aren't ripe.

Congratulations on your Welsummer egg. One thing I liked about my Welsummers is that I never got a tiny pullet egg from them. Mine always started out with at least a medium sized egg and quickly moved to large and bigger.

What is a mouse melon? Is it a type of cuke (that you could make your pickles from)?

You're right about the size of the Welsummer egg...mine laid a respectable size egg considering that was her first. And so pretty! Brown with dark brown speckles.

Now if I could only figure out my new camera, I could show you a photo :rolleyes:

What is a mouse melon? Is it a type of cuke (that you could make your pickles from)?

You're right about the size of the Welsummer egg...mine laid a respectable size egg considering that was her first. And so pretty! Brown with dark brown speckles.

Now if I could only figure out my new camera, I could show you a photo :rolleyes:
I tried one mouse melon and found it to taste like a cucumber. They do look like tiny watermelons.

What is your new camera?

Morning everyone, My name is Dave and I'm just getting started with chickens here in Sheridan Wy. As matter of fact no chickens yet, just finishing up their coop and run {Whichita Cabin basic layout} Leaning towards Austrolops . Have a great day
:welcome

and Welcome to the Wyoming Unite!!! thread.

Australorps do fine in Wyoming as do a number of other breeds.

Morning everyone, My name is Dave and I'm just getting started with chickens here in Sheridan Wy. As matter of fact no chickens yet, just finishing up their coop and run {Whichita Cabin basic layout} Leaning towards Austrolops . Have a great day

Hi Dave, :welcome and the WY thread!

Good for you on getting the coop done before you get birds, that will make it all go smoother. Do you know where you'll get your Australorps? I didn't want/need the minimums the hatcheries require for a shipment but @R2elk had some wonderful, healthy chicks I was able to get! That's one of the nice things about connecting with other members in your state thread...we can all help each other out.

It's nice to have you join us!

I tried one mouse melon and found it to taste like a cucumber. They do look like tiny watermelons.

What is your new camera?

The new camera isn't too fancy, just a Kodak I believe. Taking photos isn't the hard part, it's figuring out how to upload the photos (and finding time to mess around with that).

Things are slowing way down work-wise here so hopefully, will have time to play with it soon.

The new camera isn't too fancy, just a Kodak I believe. Taking photos isn't the hard part, it's figuring out how to upload the photos (and finding time to mess around with that).

Things are slowing way down work-wise here so hopefully, will have time to play with it soon.
I assume that the camera has a storage card. I find that if you just download the images directly from the card to the computer that two things happen.

1 - Download goes much faster.
2 - The special software from the camera is not needed especially if you are downloading jpegs.

You do have to have a card reader attached to the computer.

I assume that the camera has a storage card. I find that if you just download the images directly from the card to the computer that two things happen.

1 - Download goes much faster.
2 - The special software from the camera is not needed especially if you are downloading jpegs.

You do have to have a card reader attached to the computer.

Yep, it has a storage card. I didn't used to have a problem downloading photos from my camera to my old laptop but switching to an iMac seems to have me flummoxed. Which isn't hard with anything tech.

I'll get it, it's just having to force myself to work on it. Guess that will be one of my winter projects.

Back
Top Bottom