Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Yep, it has a storage card. I didn't used to have a problem downloading photos from my camera to my old laptop but switching to an iMac seems to have me flummoxed. Which isn't hard with anything tech.

I'll get it, it's just having to force myself to work on it. Guess that will be one of my winter projects.
Sorry, can't help you with your iMac.

Good luck.

Hello all. I currently live in Arizona but hubby and I are want to move to Wyoming in the next yr or so. Question is. Is Wyoming a chicken friendly state? We are leaning toward the Cheyenne area but not set in stone. Are backyard chickens welcome?

Hello all. I currently live in Arizona but hubby and I are want to move to Wyoming in the next yr or so. Question is. Is Wyoming a chicken friendly state? We are leaning toward the Cheyenne area but not set in stone. Are backyard chickens welcome?

Hi Michelle, it's nice to have you join us on the WY state thread! I can't speak as to the chickens in Cheyenne, I live in Carbon county out in the country. Hope someone here can come along and give you the scoop.

Hello everyone! I just joined Backyard Chickens and thought I'd say hello to my fellow Wyoming-ites! My family and I live near Casper and have 26 chickens that are a variety of breeds and a couple mutts. We also have goats and a garden to help keep us busy. Hopefully we'll be able to add some ducks and meat chickens next year too! It's a great day to be alive in Wyoming!! Hope you all are doing well!

~God Bless!!~

Wyoming like all states has import regulations for bringing in any live animals which includes your pet dogs and cats, livestock and poultry. Other than the import regulations, I am not aware of any state regulations against poultry.

Individual cities may or may not allow poultry in urban areas. Typically there are limits to how many hens may be allowed and also no roosters. Non urban areas may have zoning requirements that prohibit having any animals that can be considered food. Some HOAs may also have covenants against poultry. You will have to check the specific zoning and covenants or municipal ordinances for the site you choose.

One of the oddities of Wyoming is that parakeets are on the forbidden list.

Hello everyone! I just joined Backyard Chickens and thought I'd say hello to my fellow Wyoming-ites! My family and I live near Casper and have 26 chickens that are a variety of breeds and a couple mutts. We also have goats and a garden to help keep us busy. Hopefully we'll be able to add some ducks and meat chickens next year too! It's a great day to be alive in Wyoming!! Hope you all are doing well!

~God Bless!!~

Glad you found your way over here from the New Member forum! :highfive:

I really can’t wait to get there.

DH & I moved here from FL last spring...it's been a good change for us. Hope it works out well for you too!

@R2elk "One of the oddities of Wyoming is that parakeets are on the forbidden list." Too funny, makes me wonder what sort of evil encounter a WY pol had with a parakeet, lol.

@R2elk "One of the oddities of Wyoming is that parakeets are on the forbidden list." Too funny, makes me wonder what sort of evil encounter a WY pol had with a parakeet, lol.
Back in the 1970s almost all of the U.S. had a temporary issue with parakeets because of a specific avian disease that some were found to be carrying. Wyoming at the time placed parakeets on their prohibited list as an exotic species and have never removed them from the list while other states only temporarily banned them and since have removed those bans.

At the time of the ban, all the K-mart type stores had parakeets in their pet section. Today you will not find parakeets in any of these type stores. In recent years, a lot of new "Pet" stores have come into the state and it may be possible that some of the employees of these stores have not familiarized themselves with Wyoming laws.

Because all of the states surrounding Wyoming do not have any regulations against parakeets, the people living near the state borders will sometimes purchase parakeets and bring them into the state illegally because they make no attempt to learn the state laws. Another source is that there are still many people moving to Wyoming from other states and bringing their pets with them. They were legal where they came from but they are not legal here and even if they were legal here there is still the matter of the failure to comply with the state import laws let alone make themselves aware of those laws.

Last year I had an owner of a "Pet" store visit to get some roosters. He mentioned he was getting quail hatching eggs from his friend in Texas. He was unaware that Wyoming requires a G&F permit to have quail. He moved here from Texas and in Texas as well as many other states Coturnix quail are not considered wildlife and do not require permits. Wyoming does not make any such distinction. Wyoming requires a G&F permit for any type of quail as well as any other type of game bird.

Possessing Wildlife in Wyoming

~God Bless!!~
Welcome, I live in Casper :) we have 4 chickens this is fist time and loving it

Back
Top Bottom