Wyoming Unite!!!!

So after talking to the usps I decided I would go to Casper to pick them up or else they would be there all day all squished in a tiny box. Cackle added 3 extras and I may have added 2 from murdochs :)

Attachments

• IMG_20180418_162157_856.jpg
    IMG_20180418_162157_856.jpg
    942.5 KB · Views: 1
So after talking to the usps I decided I would go to Casper to pick them up or else they would be there all day all squished in a tiny box. Cackle added 3 extras and I may have added 2 from murdochs :)
Good idea. They will have a much better trip with you than they would have had with the post office.

Good luck.

Yeah yeah, I know. I'm the original cockeyed optimist.
Most of the snow is gone now again. I had to fire up the lawn mower and take care of the green stuff that had been hiding under the white stuff.

The female Red-winged Blackbirds showed up last week and the Yellowheads showed up yesterday. There is quite a chorus in the Junipers in the morning and most of the day.

While I was working on my retaining wall for the garden, I was laughing at a Magpie building a nest. It had a stick about 2' long that it would work its way up into the tree with and then the stick would fall just as it was trying to position it and would have to get back down and get the stick again. The nest doesn't look like much of anything but looks are deceiving because the Magpie can completely disappear out of sight when it is in the nest. It must have eventually managed to get its stick to stay in place because the stick is no longer laying on the ground.

For the first time since last fall, we had antelope in the backyard...that's a sign of spring, right?

Bob, I enjoyed the magpie story!

For the first time since last fall, we had antelope in the backyard...that's a sign of spring, right?

Bob, I enjoyed the magpie story!
Yesterday the Magpie story continued. It is breeding season for the guineas and one particular Chocolate male appears to be on the bottom of the pecking order. It just happened that he was near the Magpies nest when he flew up to escape the latest attack and practically landed on top of the magpie.

The scuffle did not last very long and the Magpie left the nest before the guinea flew back down. Unfortunately because the nest hides everything so well, I could not actually see what went on between the Magpie and the guinea.

Of course when the guinea flew back down he landed outside of the guinea pen so I had to stop what I was doing and go put him back him the pen.

Do you think the Magpie will be back Bob?
The Magpie returned to its nest less than 5 minutes after the guinea got down. Yesterday evening I was able to see both Magpies in the tree together.

When they are adding sticks to the nest, they do not fly straight up to the nest but make short hops from branch to branch to the point that it looks like they are climbing up the tree.

Back
Top Bottom