Wyoming Unite!!!!

Bob, is there some place online I can find that information for our area? I'm curious.
A quick google search turned up a site that gives total snowfall but only by the day. I would recommend calling your local weather station. The only reason I have this information is because I monitor and record it myself. My information is only accurate for right here at the house. I use an excel spreadsheet to monitor the greenhouse temperatures and humidity and the outside temperatures, humidity, snowfall, rainfall (Mar. thru Oct.), sky condition (sunny, cloudy, etc.), wind, etc. and eggs collected (chicken, turkey, guinea) as well as eggs incubated and hatched.

It is easy to get excel to do formulas so I really don't need to do much other than enter the data now that the formulas are in place.

A quick google search turned up a site that gives total snowfall but only by the day. I would recommend calling your local weather station. The only reason I have this information is because I monitor and record it myself. My information is only accurate for right here at the house. I use an excel spreadsheet to monitor the greenhouse temperatures and humidity and the outside temperatures, humidity, snowfall, rainfall (Mar. thru Oct.), sky condition (sunny, cloudy, etc.), wind, etc. and eggs collected (chicken, turkey, guinea) as well as eggs incubated and hatched.

It is easy to get excel to do formulas so I really don't need to do much other than enter the data now that the formulas are in place.

Ok, thanks!

We're getting blasted with strong winds and heavy snow again now. How about you?

It has been high winds for 3 days now but no snow.

I just came in from shoveling a path from the house to the coop. The wind has died down enough to be able get out. The snow drifts range from ankle high to knee high.

I'm not sure who is more tired of this snow, me or the chickens :rolleyes:

I just came in from shoveling a path from the house to the coop. The wind has died down enough to be able get out. The snow drifts range from ankle high to knee high.

I'm not sure who is more tired of this snow, me or the chickens :rolleyes:
I was just out and the sun is temporarily shining. The temperature is up to 40°F. The wind is still howling and the barometric pressure is still dropping. The turkeys and chickens are out and about as are some of the guineas. The ground is still covered with snow from the last snow.

I'm noticing a lot of red combs in my flock too. My 5 pullets have been laying 4 or 5 eggs a week all winter so far but in the last few days some of the 1 and 2 year old hens have started to lay. Thursday I actually got 8 eggs. I haven't had that many since August.

I've also seen the guineas doing some chasing with the hens doing a lot of buckwheating.
The peacock spread his new tail feathers for the 1st time Thursday and one of the peahens was checking out her old nest. So it looks like the poultry is feeling spring coming on even if it is still January.

I've been watching the sunrise/sunset times since Christmas. Sunrise hasn't changed but sunset is now 16 minutes later. Been a pretty mild winter up here so far! ;)

Bob, I also found this :gig

Wyoming Casper.jpg

Back
Top Bottom