Wyoming Unite!!!!

I don't remember whether yours have rose combs or if they have crests. If they have rose combs, they are Rose Comb Legbars. They were made by breeding rose comb half brown leghorns, half cream legbar hens with a Cream Legbar rooster.

I don't remember whether yours have rose combs or if they have crests. If they have rose combs, they are Rose Comb Legbars. They were made by breeding rose comb half brown leghorns, half cream legbar hens with a Cream Legbar rooster.

For the legbars, 1 has a rose comb and the other 2 have single.

The one I can't remember for sure is the white girl with a few black spots that lays blue eggs. She's a flighty one, this is probably the best picture I have of her:

100_1836.JPG

For the legbars, 1 has a rose comb and the other 2 have single.

The one I can't remember for sure is the white girl with a few black spots that lays blue eggs. She's a flighty one, this is probably the best picture I have of her:

View attachment 2175045
Yes, she is a Sapphire. They are created by using a Cream Legbar rooster over White Leghorn hens.

Thanks! She's a great layer, I'm still getting probably 5 eggs per week from her.
That is the white leghorn genes. I see that McMurrays was selling them this year as Crested White Sapphires. The Legbar roosters they use must be homozygous for the crested gene where the ones that I used only had one crested gene.

Back
Top Bottom