Wyoming Unite!!!!

Do turkeys normally try to sit on eggs this late in the season?
If they have not raised a clutch to keep them busy, they will go brrody as long as they are still laying eggs. The later in the year it is, the fewer eggs it takes to get them to go broody. She had 12 eggs and most likely would have gone broody any day now. I removed the eggs and replaced them with two fake goose eggs which should stop her from going broody.

If they have not raised a clutch to keep them busy, they will go brrody as long as they are still laying eggs. The later in the year it is, the fewer eggs it takes to get them to go broody. She had 12 eggs and most likely would have gone broody any day now. I removed the eggs and replaced them with two fake goose eggs which should stop her from going broody.
That’s interesting!

Hi, everybody. I’m east of Cheyenne and I have to tear out my garden today 😭

Back in June I had 3 broody hens hatch 2 eggs each and last night I finally moved them in with the other chickens. They were in the summer coop (hoop house) in the rabbit colony but it isn’t substantial enough for winter. I am so sad that summer is over, even though the heat has been brutal.
Hi Cinnamon Roll,

I just joined BYC. I am also east of Cheyenne. Just wanted to say hello!

This morning's visitors
Turkey Vultures
full

full

Back
Top Bottom