Yahooo!!!! Day 20 w/ Blue Ameraucanas! *PIPS*

Oh for goodness sake!!!! Would you hurry this along, Kim!!!! This is worse than labor!!!
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Lori

Quote:
I know!!!!!! It's driving me bonkers! I'm heading back down to talk, tap, peep & whistle to help encourage them.

Come on chickies!!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif

How long did it take yours to hatch after they pipped? I'm getting worried, b/c some started about 12 hrs ago.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Thanks Okie! Me too. I've had some rotton luck, but I'm not giving up. I was hoping by using my new fancy incubator that hatching wouldn't be as stressful as using the ole "Scary Bator"...the galvanized Brower one.

FINALLY...........Chick # 6 zipped to freedom.
yippiechickie.gif

She scooted all the way around the incubator in a circle plowing over her siblings and screaming her head off.

Chick#4 still only wants to poke it's beak in & out of it's hole.

Chick#5 ended up moving it's shell sideways by trying to push out the bottom.

Still nothing from #1

#2&#3 are the same.

Yes, I'm staggering around. I'm sooooo tired but I'm on cloud nine. Had to get up and get DD's breakfast, make her lunch and get her to school. I think I'm sleep walking.
roll.png

Congratulations Cyn, on the 13 babies! I will be following the rest of your hatch. Can't wait to see all the varieties.

OK, here's the update.

DH helped whistle out egg#6 first. I called him the Master Hatcher, b/c he's been doing this since he was about 7 yrs old. I thought geeze, why couldn't he come whistle sooner. I was down there by myself for the majority of the hatch. DD had a ton of homework & dh was watching the baseball game.

Egg#6 acted like a cheer leader chirping it's little head off, scooting all around the incubator, bowling it's siblings over and resting on pipped eggs encouraging them to come out and play. She's a silvery color. She is beautiful!

I took some time to rest my eyes and went back down to check on them and egg#2, 3, & 4 were zipping. The cheer leader was really doing her job.
I'm to tired to remember what order, but they all hatched right after each other. Yahooooo!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
They all look to be darker or blue color.

Their zipping wasn't a clean cut around the diameter of the egg, but in slashes w/ bits of membrane holding them in place until they could find the strengh to explode right out of their shell.

I went to bed worried about egg#5 that had pipped on the bottom. It's siblings had bowling it all around. I feared it would be disoriented or would get smothered by one of them laying across it's small pipped air hole. DH assured me it would be ok and I was so proud of myself for resisting to help. I wanted to so bad!
roll.png

I went down to the basement to check on them at 6:30 am and to my surprise egg#5 had hatched sometime in the wee morning hours. She is very light.

Egg #5 chick is not quite dry and they are all still in the incubator, but will get pictures soon.

They are all gorgeous!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom