Yeah there here -Land's being cleared, Yippie!

The reason our lot is so expensive is because it is 1) In a "good" location on the major highway 2) Half of it is considered commercial land. We have a 40 acre lot too, but it's undeveloped and literally in the middle of almost nowhere with no real road bordering it. It's zoned RA 5 or 10. 50 min from downtown Seattle rather than just 20. Makes a big difference. I need to find a job that pays well or something, or make the land pay for it's self some how. Don't know how to do that though. I guess realistate paid well thus you can have your dream.

I know! I will marry rich and move to the country where land is cheap!!!

So what if your tiny lot is worth 1 million if you don't enjoy it and can't live on it

I thought I was the only one that felt that way. I live about 30 minutes from Raleigh, the capital of NC. We've had a lot of people "invading" my state and the funny thing is they all want to live in Raleigh in these million dollar homes on .25 acres or LESS. WTH!!! I'm fine with that though as long as they stay in Raleigh and they leave the country to the country folks that are from here. I'm going to move in a couple of years because my small town is about to get a hospital, a walmart and a new grocery store for all these people moving here. Oh well, what can I do other than watch my country paradise turn into a subdivisioned hell hole. I'm not bitter though. LOL
duc.gif

Last edited:
Silkiechicken, didn't I see somewhere yer workin on yer doctorate girl!? If so your career will take off in no time flat, and hang on to that land you'll be wealthyyyyyy, oh and it doesn't hurt to marry someone with money either (unless they're a jerk, ha ha)

Southern28chick, I live in NC too, and it amazes me how fast everything's growing. That's why we picked this land that has thousands of state park acres surrounding it...we'll be long gone before the state ever gives up their park!

Last edited:
Oh, no. I'm not getting my doctorate yet. I am only doing my undergrad. I am on track to go to grad school though. The thing is though, It takes many years to become established at that and I don't know how much more school I can take...

As for the land, yeah, seriously, The lots behind ours used to be wooded and what not, but subdivisions are going in where the houses are 1500-2000 sq ft, and the lot's are literally 60 x 100 feet with a "yard" that is a patch of grass about 2 x 6 feet. I should get a pic of these atrocious things. You can literally stand between two of the houses and touch wall to wall on some of these lots. They are going for mid to upper 300k too!!! Unbelievable!

At least I can laugh at the suckers who will buy the houses behind the wrecking yard which is our neighbor to the south. They get a lovely view of smashed cars from their upstairs bedroom windows hahahahah!

Yeah I was pretty sick of school too after going for 10 years straight, mostly at night! It paid off though.....

People think I'm nuts for driving an hour to work, but I tell you what it's all about your own personal priorities. I do not want anyone to think I am knocking them or judging them for their decision to live in that environment, because I've done it, but it is definitely not for me anymore.....I was born and raised in the country on a mini-farm in South GA, poor as dirt, back then, but I am happy to get back to my roots. It is certainly better life than what my parents had for sure, but I had to really work for it.

I love coming home from the corporate world to my little farm! Speaking of that, I better get home so I can see the progress they've made!!
smile.png

Yeah, some people like that kind of thing... it's a different lifestyle. Some people would despise living in a place where everybody didn't maintain their lawns and have landscaped yards. Have fun driving home!

Back
Top Bottom