Yellow Foamy Poop

BlessedmamaAELE

Songster
Apr 12, 2019
Hey there,
One of my chicks has yellow faint poop with partially undigested food. This is a new round of chicks (i have 9-10 week old chicks separately). The younger chicks I believe already had Cocci when i brought them home. Which spread and 2 of my chicks died. I caught it in time and 2 more are on the mend and the others were un effected. Tho i treated all with Corid in the water (day 4). I think the yellow foamy poop was produced by one of the 2 on the mend. (They we’re outside enjoying some foraging.) My lavender Ameracauna is still pretty weak and droopy wings but improving slowly. The other has a bit of nose drainage but otherwise energetic and healthy. Should i treat the 2 with Tetracycline? Thanks!

Can you post some photos of the poop and the chicks?
The runny nose, any other symptoms - sneezing, coughing, watery eyes?
. Photo of poo.... i still don’t know who produced it. Im thinking the grey one because of her condition but could be someone else. No sneezing or watery eyes in the BCM. I just noticed it’s nose running because it was blowing a snot bubble. The Lavendar Ameracauna hunkers down and fluffs up still like cold... and droopy wings. After 4 days on corid. She (I believe) has improved not worsened, just not as quickly as the BCM. BCM I can hardly get a decent pic of because it’s got plenty of energy. BCM.... I did notice a strange gargly sound when I picked it up... maybe like the sound of phlegm instead of a chirp. But it doesn’t seem to be in distress and this is the first time I’ve heard that noise

8BAC3476-CA25-4FBB-981E-AA4B33777F5E.jpeg
655B639C-A9DB-4468-AA51-120B5FE1FF83.jpeg
3650CC85-446C-4E25-BB39-890A03BE862A.jpeg
28776602-B29D-41DC-BAC2-682F62E5B000.jpeg
5AED51FF-30C2-411F-AD56-2C2366857EA1.jpeg
C94A327D-DFF2-411B-B2D5-DA73EC18CC89.jpeg

Is that mucous or feed in the nostril? I would clean it out, then watch - if it's mucous, then she likely has respiratory illness, but it's really hard to know. If the symptoms worsen, try Tylan50 to see if that helps (for respiratory illness).

The Corid - what dose are you giving? Just in case - I would use the dosage of 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water.
Give for 5-7 days. (I would go the full days days)

Is that mucous or feed in the nostril? I would clean it out, then watch - if it's mucous, then she likely has respiratory illness, but it's really hard to know. If the symptoms worsen, try Tylan50 to see if that helps (for respiratory illness).

The Corid - what dose are you giving? Just in case - I would use the dosage of 1 1/2 teaspoons Corid powder or 2 teaspoons of 9.6% Corid liquid per gallon of water.
Give for 5-7 days. (I would go the full days days)

It’s mucos for sure. So Tylan is for Respiratory? What are the uses for Tetracycline? I do have that on hand. Wasn’t sure if I should give it to Ameracauna? I can get Tylan for BCM. Dosage?

I am doing 2 tsp per gallon of liquid Corid per your recommendation in the past for Cocci.

Last edited:
It’s mucos for sure. So Tylan is for Respiratory? What are the uses for Tetracycline? I do have that on hand. Wasn’t sure if I should give it to Ameracauna? I can get Tylan for BCM. Dosage?

I am doing 2 tsp per gallon of liquid Corid per your recommendation in the past for Cocci.
If you have Tetracycline you can try that. Look at the thread below to see if you have one of those - the dosages are correct for treatment of respiratory illness.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/oxytetracyline-and-tetracycline-powder-doses.1022878/

Back
Top Bottom