Yellowish bumps, swollen face on rooster, pls help

I've been cruising the google trying to come up with something. No luck. Nothing pops out that matches the rooster's lumps.

We need to know what's inside one of these lumps, whether it's blood (tumors), watery fluid (allergic reaction), waxy yellow pus (infection, maybe staph). Are you up to making a small incision and exerting pressure to squeeze out a bit of the contents of the lump? We can hopefully get a clue to point in a definite direction.

I've researched every possible avian disease, and unless those lesions become more swollen and have a purple discoloration, I can't find anything that those symptoms your roo is showing points to.

Is his poop normal?
his droppings are normal as far as i can tell. green/slightly runny when i feed him lettuce and greens

I've been cruising the google trying to come up with something. No luck. Nothing pops out that matches the rooster's lumps.

We need to know what's inside one of these lumps, whether it's blood (tumors), watery fluid (allergic reaction), waxy yellow pus (infection, maybe staph). Are you up to making a small incision and exerting pressure to squeeze out a bit of the contents of the lump? We can hopefully get a clue to point in a definite direction.
Yes. I’ve combed google and here but can’t find anything. I will make a small incision tomorrow and report back

Is his behavior normal? Active, eating normally? Can you refrain from giving him anything green to eat until we get this figured out? That way, if his poop is green, it will present us with an additional symptom.

Back
Top Bottom