Yes Ma'am No Sir

Quote:

Be careful you might put your back out! Then you'd be a real broody bantam with koolaid colored babies and that can't be good for anybody!

I can't throw anyone/anything right now, so the person is stuck at her desk being rude.

You could throw darts at her.

Quote:
I can't throw anyone/anything right now, so the person is stuck at her desk being rude.

You could throw darts at her.

Then I'd be unemployed. Not a good thing.

My husband and I are both born and raised in the West, no Southern or military influence at all, and we say Ma'am and Sir all the time. Not to friends and family but everybody else. To us it is simple respect and courtesy. Has nothing to do with social rank, it's simple decency.

When I worked in a large doctor's office every one of my patient's was Sir or Ma'am no matter if they were social elite or one of the homeless folk's that were brought in. They all got the same respect and decency.

The only time I raise an eyebrow is when some much younger fellow in a store, or wherever, will ask "Can I help you find something Miss"! I am clearly beyond the years of being called Miss! But I don't get miffed about it since most of the younger generation is not educated much, if at all, in properly addressing strangers. I just smile and say "No Sir, I'm fine!"

I would call Elton John Sir.
smile.png

I think someone should write Miss manners and ask her opinion, before the world ends. Yeah I'm, bored too.

Even as a young woman, I felt respected when someone called me ma'am as a courtesy. As a middle-aged woman now, I appreciate it that much more since so many people don't use apellations of respect such as ma'am and sir anymore, as a general rule of thumb.

When I first met my hubby and his kids, I was delighted that his children have always referred to the adults in their environment as sir and ma'am.

Back
Top Bottom