YO GEORGIANS! :)

Let me know if anyone wants to donate a frizzle turken pullet to the i want a frizzle turken pullet fund.

I will be hatching some frizzle turkens this spring. That is my specific goal! My hens are laying blue or green eggs. The roo will be a Swedish Flower, but one of my hens has the double naked neck gene (NaNa), so all her babies should be NNs. I am hoping for some nice fun colored ones since the dad is so colorful, but who knows. Some will be frizzled, some not. If you are interested in some of them, let me know!

The black and white frizzle turken is exactly what i am holding out for.

There is a lady who sells her frizzle NN eggs. She is where I got my first ones from. You can find her under DipsyDoodleDoo. She lives in South Carolina and all her chickens lay green or blue eggs which is a plus for me. If you are wanting some now, you could order from her. Hers will mostly be white, splash, blue and black. I really like her birds. I am not sure my rooster is doing any good right now because he is so young. I see him doing his thing, but with one rooster and 34 hens, I will have to watch and see if he is visiting with the frizzle NN. I wasn't going to hatch eggs until Spring.

I will be hatching some frizzle turkens this spring. That is my specific goal! My hens are laying blue or green eggs. The roo will be a Swedish Flower, but one of my hens has the double naked neck gene (NaNa), so all her babies should be NNs. I am hoping for some nice fun colored ones since the dad is so colorful, but who knows. Some will be frizzled, some not. If you are interested in some of them, let me know!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/940077/those-quirky-silly-frizzled-sizzled-naked-necks-thread

If our stupid chickens were laying, we could hook you up. But we're actually having to buy eggs right now.

Cliff... No turkens... sorry.

You know, since I added the light to the coop, my chickens have outdone themselves with eggs. In Sept. I got 191 eggs, October, 224. Added the light in mid Oct. and in November I got 401 eggs! I have less hens now than I did in Sept. (sold a bunch to make DH happy), so the light is working wonders.

My crazy amazing husband let me put a tree up for the chickens! We had gotten it up but then realized it would be too small for the space it was going in and it has issues so rather than take it back, the chickens get their own tree. Going to hang apples and some bird seed treats.

I shouldn't put lights on it though right? What do you think about plastic round ornaments?

My crazy amazing husband let me put a tree up for the chickens! We had gotten it up but then realized it would be too small for the space it was going in and it has issues so rather than take it back, the chickens get their own tree. Going to hang apples and some bird seed treats.

I shouldn't put lights on it though right? What do you think about plastic round ornaments?

I would only put things on the tree that they can eat safely.

Back
Top Bottom