YO GEORGIANS! :)

Yeah years ago i took my little Cocker in to get groomed, the next day he started scratching his side and in no time tore all of the hair off. I stupidly wondered if it was a food allergy etc... turns out he got sarcoptic mange at the groomers! The groomer must have not sterilized his shears/combs well enough between animals. Ack! Yeah I got it too (though it can't reproduce on people and only lasts a couple of weeks, but oh my god it itched soooooo bad).

Sorry to hear about your chickens, I lost 3 this year too, they were gorgeous healthy adolescents and one by one they would suddenly become ill and be dead within hours (each incident separated by weeks). I didn't realize how fragile these little guys can be!
Ughh, I know. This is the second groomer to do that. Usually it happens to my female, but this time it was both. I have seriously tad my mom either they scissor his face, or I do it myself. She's like I'll tell them to scissor their face, you are not cutting these dogs hair, who knows what they'll look like. My dogs just have really sensitive skin under their ears so the groomer has to be really careful. We took him to the vet because he would not stop scratching, so he was on prednisone I think and a spray to make it not as itchy.

Sorry about your chickens too
hugs.gif
. I don't know if she heard that one clap of thunder and fell off or what. I just hope she wasn't in any pain.

My central AC broke yesterday. Had to buy a window unit to make the bedroom sleep-able. I now understand why my chickens don't wanna lay eggs. It freaking hot in south Georgia.

NOT KIDDING! I am not use to GA weather at all and even without medical issues I would hate being outside during the days here!

LOL! News Flash! This just in to the news desk. "Some scientists have discovered that it does in fact get hot in Georgia in July. Several chicken owners were intetviewed and they concurred with this finding.". When asked, one chicken owner who did not wish to appear on camera due to being in the witness protection program identified only as 'woofman' was quoted as saying, "It's really hot in Georgia. Whodathunkit?".

This is very strong evidence, Bob. Now back to you in the studio.

This is the first year it feels decent we sleep in the lining room....we have no centralnheating or air... im usually freezing when I go where someone has real ac. You know....if I remember correctly....people use to live with out these commodities....lol

No a/c here! I love the hot weather. Does anyone remember just a few short months ago when we were freezing our a**** off? You can acclimate yourself to the heat, I use a window fan. I do, however, use every kind of heat known to man in the winter. I still haven't completely recovered from the -2 degree temps for several straight nights in January... BRRRR! You will never hear this native of Troup County, GA complain about the heat. Bring it on you big orange orb of life!!!!
cool.png

NOT KIDDING! I am not use to GA weather at all and even without medical issues I would hate being outside during the days here!
I'm with you, Book. I worked in greenhouses for years - 120 F and 100% humidity - no problem. Since I've been dealing with this auto-immune crap, I am always HOT HOT HOT! For a while I thought I was losing my mind, but my doc assured me it's very common among people with this stuff. Blah! My hubby is the opposite. He can work right on thru summer, but hates the cold.

Back
Top Bottom