YO GEORGIANS! :)

New around here, just came across this thread. I'm a first time chicken owner in Newnan GA just south of Atlanta.
Welcome
frow.gif

My little ones (these are only a few) love to sit on the roost during the day and occasionally take naps but at night....no such luck! lol They all want to pile on top of each other in the corner. I am sure they will eventually "get it"! We have three that were up there tonight. Smart little chicks! We have put them on the roosts at night but they jump back down....they chirp "no thank you! we want to cuddle with our friends on the floor"! They are only 11 weeks old.

Is that DE on the poop board? Nice coop by the way!

The poop board was totally my guys idea! It is such a life saver!!!! Makes it so much easier to clean up their poop! AND....and soon as they stop sleeping on the floor we will probably get rid of the deep litter method and switch that over to Sweet PDZ too. They are only in their coop to eat, lay eggs, drink water (which we also set up outside) and sleep. :) I highly recommend anyone that can to install one under their roosts. Those little guys poop A LOT!
Poop boards/trays are the best!!! I used two washer pans in my coop so I don't have to shovel. In my last coop, I only used the trays under the roosts, but having them cover the floor of the coop is even easier.

Is that DE on the poop board? Nice coop by the way!

Poop boards/trays are the best!!! I used two washer pans in my coop so I don't have to shovel. In my last coop, I only used the trays under the roosts, but having them cover the floor of the coop is even easier.
We used Sweet PDZ on the poop board. It is not the granules but the fine powder. It works very well and super easy to scoop to poop out. Washer pans are a neat idea! And easier is a must! Especially when you have many chickens! Thank you for the compliment.

We used Sweet PDZ on the poop board. It is not the granules but the fine powder. It works very well and super easy to scoop to poop out. Washer pans are a neat idea! And easier is a must! Especially when you have many chickens! Thank you for the compliment.
Duh? What are washer pans. Guess I should know but no idea what you mean.
idunno.gif

Duh? What are washer pans. Guess I should know but no idea what you mean.
idunno.gif
Sanchabird said that they used two washer pans in their coop so they didn't have to shovel. These are washer pans:

You put your washer on top of them to help with leeks and moving them around. I never thought about putting them in a coop. I didn't know what they were either until I had a leaky washer!
wee.gif

Sanchabird said that they used two washer pans in their coop so they didn't have to shovel. These are washer pans:

You put your washer on top of them to help with leeks and moving them around. I never thought about putting them in a coop. I didn't know what they were either until I had a leaky washer!
wee.gif
Thanks for info.

Back
Top Bottom