YO GEORGIANS! :)

I'm thinking about making brooders for ducks, chicks, and other birds to sell. I have the plans in my head to make them and I've done some experiments with my own ducks.

A lot of people say on in the reviews of commercial chick brooders that the designers need to use it themselves and fix the problems. That's true with a lot of products. The commercial brooders don't really look like they're designed for ducks either.

I have designed, and redesigned my brooder and fixed the problems. I came up with an efficient, light weight brooder for 15 ducks, 20 chicks, 40 quail, etc, up to 4 weeks. Messy ducklings will not be a problem, there will be a water catcher, which helps with smell immensely. There will also be a pull out tray for droppings.

You get the whole package: brooder, lamp with dimmer to control temperature, waterer, feeder, and duckling and chick information, like care and management tips and the best food and supplements to get as well as a cheap duck run idea. So what do y'all think?
This is a good idea but I have had one completed sitting around here for about 4 months now with no response Have about $300 invested in it and just trying to get my money back Mine dont have the water thing cause its not set up for ducks But everything else is good So good luck

Last edited:
This is a good idea but I have had one completed sitting around here for about 4 months now with no response Have about $300 invested in it and just trying to get my money back Mine dont have the water thing cause its not set up for ducks But everything else is good So good luck

Yeah, $300 in materials is a lot. How much did you try to sell it for? I have about $50 invested in mine.

Last edited:
:love

I just want to say if the brooder that Bantyman is selling is the one I saw that is like 2 rooms in one independent heat or all in one yeah it's so worth the money it was really nice. dang I want to buy it

Last edited:
What a scare! Last night (errr, tonight?) around 10:30 hubby woke me up.. Sounds like a chicken screaming, he said. I listened and sure enough. We raced outside (barefoot and not appropriately dressed- it's COLD!) to find the five MFD that choose to sleep on the corner roost in the run area, strewn about the ground. One I thought was dead (she was stretched out as if sunbathing) but when I stuck my finger through the wire she ran away.

We searched all around for any sign of anything and found nothing.. So I went in to move these girls into the coop. Three of them had bloody combs (tiny bit of blood)!! The one who had been sprawled out started screaming again when I picked her up but quieted quickly so she was the noise culprit. It was the strangest cry, sounded more like an old black crow fussing!

Anyway, got them put away with the others. I have no idea. Best case scenario, one fell off the roost and the others panicked. Worst case, something ELSE made them all panic. Either way, I think they ran into the wire on their way down, which caused the blood.

It was so weird. Hubby was tore up they won't go into the coop with the others. I think I'll remove the roost in the run until they get used to doing so.

So that was my excitement for the evening.

Oh- y'all hear about Scott Weiland dying? :( What a waste.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom