YO GEORGIANS! :)

Ha, never let it be said that I hide my light under a bushel!
wink.png

You know I'm just teasing you..... I'm right there with you when it comes to that. I just find it enjoyable when I find someone who's as easy to tip over as I am.
highfive.gif

Does anyone have experience with sexing isbars? I've got a black & a splash chick---wondering how long until I can tell from sure. My 3 year old is in love with his "special bwack chicken" and I have to know what's on my hands!!!

My inexperienced guess for Isbars would say cockerel for #1 and ??? (leaning cockerel) for #2. I'm sure those with more experience with this breed will chime in and help. I hope #2 is a pullet so that your son won't be disappointed.

I'll give you a three-week-old FBCM pullet if you end up needing a black-chick replacement.

Oh, that is SOOOO nice. He is in love with who he calls "Blackie" as dangerously politically incorrect that is.
barnie.gif
I'm thanking my Alabama mother-in-law for that name. I will cross my fingers, but a FCBM would be super. At the rate I'm hatching, I'm sure I will have lots of trading material... The splash is all the sudden acting with a strut. The black one is a little more meek. It's already 80 degrees before noon here, the garden has been planted and the chicks are officially out of the shower. Now, this "chick" needs a shower before little league cranks up this afternoon! :) thanks for the input!

Oh, that is SOOOO nice. He is in love with who he calls "Blackie" as dangerously politically incorrect that is.
barnie.gif
I'm thanking my Alabama mother-in-law for that name. I will cross my fingers, but a FCBM would be super. At the rate I'm hatching, I'm sure I will have lots of trading material... The splash is all the sudden acting with a strut. The black one is a little more meek. It's already 80 degrees before noon here, the garden has been planted and the chicks are officially out of the shower. Now, this "chick" needs a shower before little league cranks up this afternoon! :) thanks for the input!

Well, just let me know if and when you're ready for the FBCM pullet. One cool thing about FBCM pullets/hens is that they lay the darkest eggs. Some folks have said FBCM are not as friendly as other breeds, but mine have all been super friendly. It all dends on how much time you spend with them when they are young (especially when imprinting). Mine come when I call them, and they like being held, petted, and talked to sweetly. (My wife gets a kick when she sees me doing that.) One of my recent favorites is a little pullet we named PeeWee the Terrorist (PeeWee for short). She is a spunky little sweetheart and is so gentle when held. She's always been like that.

Thanks! Here they are!

Thanks! Here they are!

My guess is cockerel for the Splash and pullet for the black. I'm basing it on leg size. Splash has thick legs. Also, on stance. Cockerels have a more upright walk. Pullets tend to lean forward a bit. They also have thinner legs. Do this. Hold them with their backs downwards and put their legs together to see if there is a difference in that leg joint right before it hits their body. Boys have much larger joints there and thick legs. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom