YO GEORGIANS! :)

Ok so I want y'alls thoughts on something. My one Delaware who is deaf i want to get her more socialized, with me. What do y'all think about a baby sling thing. Goes around me and is not bonding on her, but I could carry her around for small amounts of time, to get used to me more and get my scent as a friend instead of foe. I would welcome any other ideas as well...
where is everyone? has that transformation started already!?

Major Spring cleaning day for me. Cleaned out the garage and prepped it for the remodeling of my shop. Also getting ready to start on a new coop and run. I have to expand my all-girl coop. The new coop will be a converted 10x12 storage shed, and the run will be a fenced 300 sq.ft. area. I may take photos and post them as the project progresses.

As for your deaf Delaware, it's amazing how resilient chickens can be to overcome certain challenges. I think just spending extra cuddle/bonding time with her is the best you can do. Hopefully she will see you as a protector and friend.

As for the GA gang, BYC is about to shut down for a few days and possibly longer as it converts to a new software platform, so maybe that has something to do with few people posting. IDK, just my guess. Hope you're doing okay.
smile.png

Last edited:
Im good just extremely sore from that nasty fall i took. ortho for the arm, wednesday and otho for the back next wednesday! please post pics of your progress on your shop and coop...i would love to see
Didn't know you had taken a bad fall. Sorry to hear about that. I hope you're about to bounce back from it soon.

As soon as I get the shed cleared, I will take the first photo and post it. I don't have much in the shed, so that shouldn't take long, maybe 30 minutes...lol The shed has a large 60"x70" swing door, and I'm replacing that with a 80"x36" screen door that I bought at Home Depot today. It was $32, and I can't even build a door for that price, so I went ahead and got it. I will have to cut the door down from the top by 10" and then frame one side of the doorway, but that should be an easy task. I plan to trash the screen and replace it with 1/2 hardware cloth. The extra space from the original front door I plan to just cover with hardware cloth.

The coop shouldn't take long to construct since the shed is in great shape. The toughest thing right now is that I'm looking for an old sheet of 10x12 vinyl flooring, and thus far that has been hard to find. I have everything else.

My husband built me a cute turkey tractor. I contributed by making and painting the door. So we put all 4 of our turkeys together and the two chickens that were keeping one of the turkey's company. I don't think they knew what to do with all the space and grass.

is that made of the green plastic netting? or is that just over the welded wire? to help fill in the gaps?

is that made of the green plastic netting? or is that just over the welded wire? to help fill in the gaps?

It's just to keep their dumb little heads in the wire so they don't get them ripped off. We've dealt with lots of predators, so I'm getting pretty decent at figuring out the flaws in a system.

busy, I have a Mother/Daughter banquet that I am planning for, should be about 40 people. should be fun, gonna do 2 chocolate fountains, with all the yummies and mini cheese cakes, and food and food and more food, and punch and tea and coffee and oh my........I had my DH take a vacation day!!! need dishes done and help with clean up oh and he is a good prep cook too!!! Well he can cook too, gotta give him credit.

I don't think a chicken would like being carried around in a sling. It'd be better just to sit with her on the couch or outside or whatever for a bit every day. Offer her yummy treats and she will love you forever.
X2

Major Spring cleaning day for me. Cleaned out the garage and prepped it for the remodeling of my shop. Also getting ready to start on a new coop and run. I have to expand my all-girl coop. The new coop will be a converted 10x12 storage shed, and the run will be a fenced 300 sq.ft. area. I may take photos and post them as the project progresses.

As for your deaf Delaware, it's amazing how resilient chickens can be to overcome certain challenges. I think just spending extra cuddle/bonding time with her is the best you can do. Hopefully she will see you as a protector and friend.

As for the GA gang, BYC is about to shut down for a few days and possibly longer as it converts to a new software platform, so maybe that has something to do with few people posting. IDK, just my guess. Hope you're doing okay.
smile.png
Need help let us know

It's just to keep their dumb little heads in the wire so they don't get them ripped off. We've dealt with lots of predators, so I'm getting pretty decent at figuring out the flaws in a system.
Yeah no free meals here!! and no vet bills for stitched heads!!!

I forgot about the transition.

Remember if something happens to BYC Gam's/Robo's farm on the 20th starts 11am or when you can get there and bring your chairs and what you signed up for. We have 24 people signed up and

T-shirt sizes are to be in for the 14th, if you have posted already I have you down!!!! Please don't re-post

Back
Top Bottom