YO GEORGIANS! :)

I just want to say I'm sorry for the delay in responding to you, you know who you are. My husband is in the hospital and we have been here since wed, doing a heart cath tomorrow, so I have been camped out at the hosp, running back to the house to check on the animals 2x day and still working cleaning houses, I have finally woke up from my coma needed sleep and I went 4.5 feet down, lol
Sorry to hear about your husband; I'll be praying for you both.

Such a busy time with all the kids making their way back to school now. The chicks keep hatching and excited to see if the first of the white crested black polish eggs hatch on Thursday. Survived the NPIP process--actually the vet could not have been nicer. He is really far more interested in quail than chickens, but pleasantly did his job. Meeting with him you get the distinct impression that the state and others' representations of the program create a lot of misinformation and trepidation about getting the testing. My little flock of misfit birds is now certified and all the golden laced have gone away to grow out. Now the little bunch of white polish are getting bigger and the silkies have moved on from the mothering phase and into the general population. At this point there are birds everywhere---in the big coop, hoop coop and on the porch in the brooder box. Ended up with 6 Isabel, 1 Black, 1 Blue, 1 Mottled and 1 Jubilee Orpington. They are for sure my little girl's domain since she seems to have taken over the role of chief chick-raiser. Looking forward to getting some more eggs to hatch soon---it's just too enjoyable to stop!!
D.gif

Anyone need a mini lamancha wether or buckling? They're almost 6 months old and the buckling is trying to sex up all my goats. Been trying to sell them forever so I'll give a good deal. Buckling came from a registered mother and very nice Nigerian dwarf dad. Blue eyes. Good looking. Only problem is his horns got messed up during an attempted disbudding so he has scurs. I will happily band him and will probably do it soon. Anyway let me know.
Do you still have him?

Back
Top Bottom