You guys were so right!

Redfeathers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 11, 2007
Gervais OR
I cooked up our very first egg today for breakfast, it is the first farm fresh egg I have ever (to my knowledge) had. There is a difference in taste. I had to get used to the orange yolk when cooking it, but oh my gosh, it was soooo much better then the store bought eggs. I know this has been posted a few times before and I'm sorry to repeat..but it was really a surprise to me the difference.

I made the rounds of the neighborhood today with my extra eggs and found one family really excited to see me. There were a couple of boys in the neighborhood who sold eggs but, have since quit and this family was a regular of theirs and had gone back to store eggs. They will be regulars of mine now by the sound of it! Nothing beats a real fresh egg.
wee.gif

Congratulations on the eggs.

When I broke open my first real egg I was so surprised by the colour of the yolk that I checked the label on the bag of layers pellets to see if they contained some sort of chemical dye. I was happy to find that they were organic with no dye.
I also thought that something was wrong because the white was cloudy. I found out from this site that this is normal in a fresh egg. The cloudiness disappears after a few hours.

Just remember,THERE IS NO TURNING BACK!

LOL! No doubt about that!!! You'll find reasons now to have omelettes for supper or srambled egg sandwiches...or make Prissy's egg bread...or frnech toast...or brownines...or....​

One of my customers said, after eating my eggs for the first time, that he didn't have to put anything on them because they actually have taste unlike the store eggs. I never eat store eggs anymore. Icky things!

Back
Top Bottom