You might be a “Southie” if...

-33 vs -18. I was raised one tough kid — mukluks, parka and all!
E6EA38AC-5F57-4FC5-96D9-84898DC19E6A.gif

We lived in Mankato, MN for several years when my son was younger. They did not delay or cancel school there until it was -40 (which probably included the windchill) and I can remember several times when school was canceled because it was colder than that. Remembering that cold makes me glad to be a southie now!

The weather here in southie land today....

781131DB-F52A-4667-86A6-AAE1FF895F69.png

We lived in Mankato, MN for several years when my son was younger. They did not delay or cancel school there until it was -40 (which probably included the windchill) and I can remember several times when school was canceled because it was colder than that. Remembering that cold makes me glad to be a southie now!

View attachment 2522923
Not here! Well, the North-ies would think this forecast is positively balmy——-we live in a 100-yr old ‘well ventilated’ house. Not looking forward to our balmy weekend at all.
60AECFA4-9A35-41B5-A1B4-B863CD20DB55.jpeg

View attachment 2522923
Please check the official map, you will see that Mankato, even though it is in Minnesota, is a Southie town.

Not here! Well, the North-ies would think this forecast is positively balmy——-we live in a 100-yr old ‘well ventilated’ house. Not looking forward to our balmy weekend at all.
View attachment 2522931
I thought it would be warmer in SW Mo
Is this typical or a rare occurrence?

Back
Top Bottom