You might be a “Southie” if...

@duluthralphie , LOVE your humor!! I'm a Wisconsinite and hardy as hell!! When it's 40'F my kids won't wear coats, one year my son went to school in shorts all year long. That's Wisconsin!! You betchya!
Why would u even try that?!? 🤔😐
I dedicate this to my Southie friends that deny they are a Southie..

You might be a Southie if you have never driven a truck across a frozen lake..

Y'all Yankees just don't get enough sunlight. And y'all should know that we ain't "Southies," we're southerners, where mayonnaise is three words. "Mayonnaise some fine fillies down at the honky-tonk tonight!" and "Merica" is the country we live in. We eat grits and gravy, grits and eggs, and grits! We eat Moonpies with RC, mustard on your fries and peanuts in your Coke. Okra is eaten fried or in a big bowl of gumbo with hot sauce. We, ladies don't sweat, we glisten. We drink our tea over ice with sugar. Mountain Dew is NOT a carbonated beverage, it comes in a Mason Jar. But then again, that red line you drew is too far north. Should be on the Mason/Dixon line. Y'all just need more sun.:D:lau
Only exception is, I eat mayo on my fries. 😊

Found this on FB:

I could be a Blueneck on several of these items :)
Bluenecks: Northerners
(opposite of Rednecks)
YOU JUST MIGHT BE A BLUENECK IF...

- Instead of referring to two or more people as "Y'all," you call them "you guys," even if both of them are women.
- You think barbecue is a verb meaning "to cook outside."
- You think Heinz Ketchup is REALLY SPICY.
- You would never stop to buy something somebody was cooking on the side of the road.
- You don't have any problems pronouncing "Worcestershire sauce" correctly.
- You don't know what a moon pie is.
- You've never had an RC Cola.
- You've never, ever eaten okra -- fried, boiled, or pickled.
- You eat fried chicken with a knife and fork.
- You have no idea what a polecat is.
- You don't see anything wrong with putting a sweater on your dog.
- You don't have bangs.
- You would rather have your son become a lawyer than grow up to get his own TV fishing show.
- You've never eaten, and don't know how to make, a tomato sandwich.
- You think more money should go to important scientific research at your university than to pay the salary of the head football coach.
- You don't even have one can of WD-40 somewhere around the house.
- You don't have any hats in your closet that advertise feed stores.
- You don't know anyone with at least two first names (i.e., Joe Bob, Faye Ellen, Billy Ray, Mary Jo, Bubba Dean, Joe Dan, Mary Alice)
- You don't know any women with male names (i.e., Tommie, Bobbie, Johnnie, Jimmie)
- None of your fur coats are homemade.
Y'all don't eat tomato sandwiches?!? 🤨🧐 Even in the summer, when they r fresh outta the garden?!? And NO wd40? What kind of life are y'all living?!?

Our UPS driver once wore shorts every day for a year on a bet with the other drivers. Not much difference from wearing a skirt/dress, in my opinion. I still have not broken out my winter coat yet - coldest day so far was 14 degrees yesterday, but it did not feel that cold out.

thought of @duluthralphie when I saw this:

22D2C117-E0B4-4F9F-8261-2AB54042FE85.png

What happened to him? Is he no longer on BYC?

Back
Top Bottom