You might be a redneck if ...

... if the power goes out and you break out the turkey fryer and fry everything in the freezer. (pot roast does not fry well - it becomes a door stop)

... if you've ever stood in a lightening storm, holding a metal gate open so the horses can get to the barn where they'd be safer...

... if you've ever bottle raised some critter that you would shoot on site as an adult

... if you've figured out how to use the cell phone with a stick so that you can call the hardware store and see if they have the part you need to fix the sewer pipe - and not get the phone dirty

if you run a business and post "deer season hours" on your sign.
i just saw this sign-normal business hours except during deer season-12pm-4pm
My business is appointment-only, so I don't really have hours, but I am closed the entire first week of bow season, first week of rifle season, and the first three days of muzzleloader. And from the second week of rifle season until the end of bowhunting season I try not to work past noon or 1 pm so I can hunt with hubby in the afternoon if the weather is nice and the freezer isn't full yet.

I wonder what it says about my husband, that he changed the shift he works AND the department he works in, in order to have more time for hunting and fishing? And I adjusted my work availability to fit with his new schedule.
smile.png

My ex son-in-law and his parents were from New York and called us "quaint". Something about having a box full of new baby pigs in the oven to get them warmed up while the sow was getting fixed up by the vet seemed funny to them.
When I was younger my brother and I went swimming in the plow furrow on the end turn of the field - it filled up after a rain very nicely - all would have been ok except when we got to the house caked in mud, something broke on the pump and we had to sit on the back step cracking until dad could come home from work and get the pump going to get the bath water.
We had a bunch of new fiberglass insulation stored in the top of our garage and my brother convinced me to jump into it because it was so soft - took me three days for all of the little glass pieces to work out of my skin.
My brother used me as his 9-volt battery tester - stick out your tongue sis.......
My brother bet me I couldn't bite his toes through his Red-Wing work boots - and I tried......
More recently, when I had foot surgery and couldn't get out to the barn to see my chickens, my husband would bring my favorite rooster in for me to hold....not just once, but every day!
I had to buy throw rugs to put over the holes in our carpet where my Giant Schnauzer puppy chewed through......
I had to line up all the dining room chairs around the Christmas tree to keep same puppy from eating any more ornaments - she ate more than 20 this year after she learned how to climb up on the chairs and balance with her paws on the backs so she could reach high on the tree.....
A deer t-boned the entire drivers side of my car last week and I was upset that it got up and ran off because I didn't get any meat out of the deal....
Not sure if I am "quaint" or a red-neck!

My ex son-in-law and his parents were from New York and called us "quaint". Something about having a box full of new baby pigs in the oven to get them warmed up while the sow was getting fixed up by the vet seemed funny to them.
When I was younger my brother and I went swimming in the plow furrow on the end turn of the field - it filled up after a rain very nicely - all would have been ok except when we got to the house caked in mud, something broke on the pump and we had to sit on the back step cracking until dad could come home from work and get the pump going to get the bath water.
We had a bunch of new fiberglass insulation stored in the top of our garage and my brother convinced me to jump into it because it was so soft - took me three days for all of the little glass pieces to work out of my skin.
My brother used me as his 9-volt battery tester - stick out your tongue sis.......
My brother bet me I couldn't bite his toes through his Red-Wing work boots - and I tried......
More recently, when I had foot surgery and couldn't get out to the barn to see my chickens, my husband would bring my favorite rooster in for me to hold....not just once, but every day!
I had to buy throw rugs to put over the holes in our carpet where my Giant Schnauzer puppy chewed through......
I had to line up all the dining room chairs around the Christmas tree to keep same puppy from eating any more ornaments - she ate more than 20 this year after she learned how to climb up on the chairs and balance with her paws on the backs so she could reach high on the tree.....
A deer t-boned the entire drivers side of my car last week and I was upset that it got up and ran off because I didn't get any meat out of the deal....
Not sure if I am "quaint" or a red-neck!
Let's just say even though I can't see your neck, it looks like Rudolph's nose...... Trust me, I have the same condition.

Back
Top Bottom