You might be a redneck if...

hisdaughter

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
Lakeland
Our youngest son is away at church camp so DH and I thought it would be a great time for a date night. I got ready then remembered the chickens were out and it would most likely be dark when we returned. Not to mention it was about to rain. I hurried out to the backyard in my capris and sandals and scurried the girls into their home. One just would not come willingly, so I had to lean down to get her from under our utility trailer. All safe and sound in the coop and off we went. Delicious food @ the Outback. Great service and good conversation...right. Well, I get in the car and cross my legs and feel something crusty on my ankle. I look down and there is a big blob of chicken poo on my ankle. Had to chuckle! You might be a readneck if...
ep.gif

....when closing up the coop before you leave for work, you notice a pair of wire clippers were left inside it. So, naturally you crawl in to retrieve them, heedless of all the pine shavings on your work slacks. Get out, dust off, drive to work. Lunch break and look at that , there still pine shavings on the back of your knees.

you have to consider hiring a bulldozer crew to help you tame the back yard....

Your "dress" shoes are Wellingtons.
Your "good" clothes are anything that currently doesn't have chicken poop on them.
You don't even think about putting on makeup when running to the store, because you are just going to sweat it off on the farm anyway.
Your coop is nicer and cleaner than your house.
Your idea of date night is sitting in the coop with your chickens.
You carry your baby chicks in your bra so they stay warm.
You make sure you always have big pockets so you can put fresh eggs in them.
You forgot you have fresh eggs in your big pockets and go out without first removing them.
You pick your friends by who likes chickens and who doesn't.
Your idea of home renovation is to make a shooting range in your basement.

Last edited:
Yo go to a trendy nightclub in running shoes and a sports tank top because you don't "do" heels when you dance

Your idea of a date involves target practice and fishing

you plan your wardrobe around chores, no point i getting dressed up if you are going to the coup before you go have dinner with your boyfriend.

you tell your date's family you have to leave the party because you have to be in bed by 8 so you can get up before dawn and get in the field before the heat of the day makes gardening unbearable.

you plan your activities around planting season

Your idea of a vacation is a four day camping trip only a few hours away from home, where your going to be fishing, hiking, and roughing it in the woods (what happened to the beach?)...
big_smile.png
We're going to the Smokies on the 7th-10th to do all the above, sleeping in a tent, taking our fishing poles, will be hiking up some of the trails... We live about an hour and a half from the Smokies. Your also a redneck if while on that vacation you'll be sitting in your tent all night hoping your chickens, cat, rabbits, and house will be ok while you rely on the neighbors to feed them all.... the last time she watched them, she fed the cat like it was close to being starved, left our new bag of chicken food open on accident and it got rained on
sad.png
, but she's the most trustful of doing it how I ask because if she's busy her 3 kids are always free.

you've never been to the big shiny mall they built but know every feed store in the tri county area like the back of your hand.

...your planning a future honey moon and the location all depends on where the fertile eggs you can't get are. hmmm, honey, if we go here we can always make a quick stop to pick up some of these eggs.

Back
Top Bottom