Young Sebrights Helping Me Grieve

I am so sorry. Losing a child is a devastating thing to go through. You can bury a mother, father or even your husband but when you bury a child, you bury a piece of your heart with them. I am so glad that you are finding comfort through taking care of the Seabrights. Happier yet that they brought you here to BYC. We are a pretty compassionate bunch here with broad shoulders that we loan out regularly so don't feel bad about grief bringing you here. You are here and that is all that matters. Welcome to the flock and God bless.

Hello and welcome. Chickens are pretty awesome! I can absolutely see how they are helping you through the grieving process. I am so sorry for your loss. My heart aches for you. I am sending you a big virtual hug. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I believe that animals are so much more than just animals, whether it be chickens, dogs, cats, etc. They show up right when we need them, so I see them as gifts and/or blessings. :hugs

I'm so sorry to read about your daughter. :hugs
I can't begin to imagine how hard that must be.
I always knew chickens were very relaxing and they certainly help me with the day to day stress of being an Alzheimer's caregiver but the extent to which they are soothing you is wonderful.
As for poor Petey, there really isn't a lot to do for him other than spray the area that looks damaged with a disinfectant like Vetericyn or similar and keep him confined in a cage with soft bedding for several days to restrict movement while things start to heal.
Thank you so much for your advice. I will get the Vetericyn tomorrow and move him to his own cage. I was so upset to see him injured, it was something I had not prepared for yet since they are still so new to me. Thank you again!!

Back
Top Bottom