Your 2024 Garden

Pics
My seedlings came up quick but they are very leggy and weak. Not too happy. But I repotted quite a few and turned off the heat mats, read that when the soil gets too warm, they get leggy. Hoping they get stronger, it's getting too late to start any more
That happened with my first tomatoes I started last year. I figured out that I didn't have the LED grow lights close enough to the plants. Once they start coming up I set the light height at about a foot over the plants, and it keeps them short and stocky.

IMG_3457.JPG

That happened with my first tomatoes I started last year. I figured out that I didn't have the LED grow lights close enough to the plants. Once they start coming up I set the light height at about a foot over the plants, and it keeps them short and stocky.

View attachment 3788889
The lights are much closer than that in my setup. Here is a picture from before I repotted. Now the lights are about 8 inches over the plants
IMG_20240310_141346342_HDR.jpg

From out of nowhere contrary to the forecast yesterday today's forecast is calling for possible severe weather with several hours of thunderstorms. We can use the moisture for germination but do not need flooding rains either.
We may get some of that tomorrow. Then a bit cooler for a few days. I've got small plants hardening off outside. I may move them back in the greenhouse this evening. They don't need to be beat with wind and rain.

Hope it's not too bad.

We may get some of that tomorrow. Then a bit cooler for a few days. I've got small plants hardening off outside. I may move them back in the greenhouse this evening. They don't need to be beat with wind and rain.

Hope it's not too bad.
We're supposed to get thunderstorms tomorrow, possibly severe. I put my tomato plants on the front porch, under cover, until the storms pass.

Back
Top Bottom