Your dream incubator.

sugarbush

Songster
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Lexington KY
If you had bottomless pockets and could custom order the incubator of your dreams; what would you get? How many eggs would it hold? What features would you want? What do you not like about models that are currently available?

well special made and dream hhmmm

I would have a custom made two doored , one hatcher and one bator with glass doors so i can see everything going on , state of the art , nothing flucuates more then .oo1% of a degree , hmm self cleaning maybe, with turners, It could hold up to 100 eggs eatch side,<woudnt want more or I would be up to my eyeballs in fuzz butts , I have no self control.
Oh and it would be computerized so that a computer could do micro ajustments as needed and atumaticlly turn of the turner ect.

Last edited:
Quote:
Very nice!!! I like the way u think! LOL
woot.gif

I am thinking multiple chambers that can be opened individually so it could be loaded with eggs as you get them without cooling down the eggs that where already in the bator. Basically a continuous hatching system so I would always have new eggs going in and chick coming out.

So what is so nice about the sportsman? I don't like that the turner goes side to side. I think it should tilt front to back to make viewing/loading easier.

Last edited:
Bottomless pockets and anything I want. HMMM! I think I would want a walkin incubator. It would be like a closet, you walk in and there are drawers to pull out all the way around 3 sides. There would have to be some sort of breeze way in the front, where you open one door and close it behind you and then open another to go into the bator, so I could open it whenever I wanted and the temp or humidity wouldn't change. That would be awesome!!

In a realistic nature, I am not hard to please. I would like a heated and cooled room to put my bator in a lone. I wouldn't mind 1 more dickey, then I would use my homemade as a hatcher. One improvement I would like and am thinking of having my dh fix, is a light. I think cabinet bators and hatchers should have lights. I'm thinking maybe rope lights would be the best bet, but I'm not sure. Other than that, I am happy currently where I am with bators, just wish I was as happy with coop numbers and space.

Back
Top Bottom